What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CPS & Snake Lovers

pedersonplants

The Obsessive Gardener
Hi:

I've been noticing that cp lovers are often also into snakes. Is there some kind of connection?

Just curious.

I can't think of a connection. Maybe it's that we like things that most people don't. Most people don't care for cp's and most people hates snakes.

There's a "Cobra plant" so I guess that's the only connection between snakes and CP's.

I haven't noticed a connection to snakes specifically, but lots of us have weird pets or reptiles/amphibians/fish.

I always wanted a snake. My mother won't have any part of that, though :( She's put up with a lot of pets and plants from me but a snake is where she draws the line lol. If they had legs she wouldn't mind them.

I'm drawn to weird plants but not weird animals. Snakes, reptiles, etc. just aren't pets I would want even if the TOWNEHOUSE PET COMMITTEE did approve of them.

I know of two stores sellling snakes, reptiles, etc. and carnivorous plants.

Jlap, ask her if you can have a lizard. If she says yes then get a glass lizard.

Lol, good trick! Not sure I'd see it much, though.

why?

Because it's glass? Maybe he needs a stained glass lizard.

Most snakes stays hid most of the time.

Most snakes stays hid most of the time.

That's why you need to make sure to poke them a lot, to make sure they come out to play. You know they're happy when they show your their smile!

Especially if you have a venomous snakes. They get lonely if someone doesn't poke them regularly. And not with a stick either. Venomous snakes definitely appreciate the human touch.

Getting back to the topic at hand; I've also been fascinated by how frequently CP people are also interested in reptiles, etc. Talk about being a total social maladroit. That said, a nearby pet store that focuses on snakes and other exotics seems to be a magnet for bikers in leather jackets and no helmets. Not the yuppies on Harleys either. Reptile-loving CP growers don't have to feel like complete geeks if they share an interest with that crowd.

i like cps and tarantulas.

i wanted to built my own army of mean plants and animals but i can't do snakes. i can't watch the way they eat. it looks freaky

What wild venomous snakes like is when you get right up in their face and take pics of them. They love it.

219966546O883262209.jpg

219966865O040114299.jpg

29073374O232149701.jpg

26988489O691021497.jpg

Last edited:
I came across a baby snake on the sidewalk yesterday. It was really cute. Ozzy, was that first snake molting?

xvart.

I don't think it was.

What's that under it's head?

xvart.

A rock that was in bedded in the road.

I think I am more of a lizard in reptiles class. I really really want a chameleon for myself. A nice common green chameleon. :D Those things are insane. :D

Im more of an Insect kinda guy, i love snakes, but insects are cooler and really mean for their size!

Back