What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CP Lone Ranger

I seem to have adopted a local garden center's CPs. They don't realize that I "volunteer" at their nursery, but their CPs are certainly doing well.

I wrote in a different thread about seeing their CPs in little domes sitting in a greenhouse without any water. I helped myself to two of their large, deep saucers and filled them with the CP pots after taking their plastic domes off. I then used some water from a yard fountain to fill the saucers with 1/4 inch or so of water. It probably isn't purified and the fountain had some coins in it which can't be good, but at least it kept them wet. I've gone back a few times to water them again.

Today I snuck my own CP water in in a normal water bottle and found that the greenhouse had been rearranged. After some hunting, I was very happy to see that they moved the CPs in their deep saucers and seem to have discarded the plastic lids altogether. I drenched them with the purified water and moved on to the large hanging nepenthes. I had a special treat for them.

The cold weather coat helped me conseal the little squirt bottle with the CP fertilzer water. The neps got a nice little bath on their leaves and I was tempted to hit the Sarrs too but didn't want to push my luck. There were 4 or 5 employees working on setting things up in the greenhouse. I felt like I was sneaking contraband to inmates in a prison or something!

I have my eye on a couple of the neps so I think of this as an investment. It was just nice to see that some sarrs are growing pitchers that would not have fit in those little domes and the staff may have taken notice of this and let it be.

Such living on the edge.

You're losing it dude :crazy:

It's better than plotting a shooting at school. Track down the owner or manager and say what you've been doing because of your interest in CPs. The worst that can happen is that you get tossed from the premises. And maybe something better will happen. But maybe you are losing it.

It's better than plotting a shooting at school. Track down the owner or manager and say what you've been doing because of your interest in CPs. The worst that can happen is that you get tossed from the premises. And maybe something better will happen. But maybe you are losing it.

I won't argue that!

I'll wait until after I can afford to buy the nepenthes before coming clean-that way if they ban me I won't have to send someone else in for my plants!

I just can't stand to see perfectly good sarracenia on death row.

Lol! I've thought of doing this at my work, they HAD some little sickly VFTs and Sarrs there and I made a mental note to talk to the greenhouse manager about it but uhh.. I didn't know who that was. xD

I work in the produce department which is like.. on the entirely opposite side of the store so.. yeah I wouldn't have been able to do anything about it without someone noticing.

Back