What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couple of nepenthes to be id'd

Gidday, I have a couple of Nepenthes that I grew from cuttings last year, however the person I got them off didn't know their names so I was wondering if anyone out there could help? I reckon the larger Nep is either possibly an Alata as for the other, I am stumped - maybe a ventricosa? The larger plant's pitchers are around 15cm long while the smaller plat's pitchers are more like 7cm.

Thanks!
Brad

UnIDA1.jpg

UnIDA2.jpg

UnIDB.jpg

Could be Ventrata the pitchers are pretty chubby. An overhead view of the leaves would help.

Zac

The plant on the last photo (with the amphora-like pitchers) looks remarkably like what they call "old-style ventrata" here in Taiwan. It's a ~10 year-old ventrata strain that entered the market before today's "standard" ventratas did.

As to the second picture - could there be some sibuyanensis in it?

cheers

Hans the NightGuesser

Thanks for the responses, here is a pic of the smaller plant from the top - hope it helps...

UnIDA4.jpg

The top plant and the last pic looks like a juvenile ventricosa. My ventricosa which is the same size looks identical to that.

I think you have ventricosa (top) and ventrata (bottom). The ventrata looks very alata-ish, but the leaf attachment looks wrong, so I think it's ventrata.

Thanks for the responses, I will go with ventricosa and ventrata, respectively.

Cheers.

Back