What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey, ya beat me to it! I haven't got any seed yet, either, but here it is. It lives with a D. capensis that just appeared one day (on the right). I have lots of D. capensis, but have never purchased one. They just show up. Anyway, here's mine:
D_spatulata_x_capensis.sized.jpg

Capslock

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Nov. 11 2005,6:40)]Hey, ya beat me to it! I haven't got any seed yet, either, but here it is. It lives with a D. capensis that just appeared one day (on the right). I have lots of D. capensis, but have never purchased one. They just show up. Anyway, here's mine:
D_spatulata_x_capensis.sized.jpg

Capslock
Aha! I knew it. Drosera capensis must spontaneously generate
smile_m_32.gif

Nice plants Capslock.

Nice.  I'm going to be making some Drosera crosses myself this week.  I hope to make

D. capensis x D. multifida extrema
D. burmanii x D. multifida extrema
D. capensis x D. burmanii

What do ya think?
smile.gif

Yeah they do! I have regular, alba, this one which is almost black (it is darker than it seems in the photo), and now they all produce seed. I just cut a stalk off this one, and I swear the room got dark for a few minutes from the cloud of seed that flew out. Sigh. I'm going to have billions of them all over.

EDIT: lol, not all drosera can be hybridized. Generally (very generally), the more similar they are, the better your chances. I doubt burmanii x binata would work at all. But who knows???

Casplock

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Nov. 11 2005,6:50)]Yeah they do! I have regular, alba, this one which is almost black (it is darker than it seems in the photo), and now they all produce seed. I just cut a stalk off this one, and I swear the room got dark for a few minutes from the cloud of seed that flew out. Sigh. I'm going to have billions of them all over.

EDIT: lol, not all drosera can be hybridized. Generally (very generally), the more similar they are, the better your chances. I doubt burmanii x binata would work at all. But who knows???

Casplock
If it is that dark, then it is probably D.capensis red.I Wish mine would have survived the contaminated lfs
smile_h_32.gif
  I'll get it back in my collection one day. Off topic a little bit,but, Capslock,my hirusta x veitchii flower opened and their is a little yellow ball with ridges in it. Is this a sign of a male or female?

Which does it look like?:
growingcps_nepenthes_flower_male_and_female.jpg

Capslock

If it's female, that's cool. I've got some N. ventricosa pollen going right now. We'll do a hybrid!

Capslock

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]D. capensis x D. burmanii

Dang, I would LOVE to see that hybrid. Think of how cool that plant would be...The size of a Cape Sundew with the speed of D. burmannii
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I hope that cross works!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Nov. 11 2005,7:01)]Which does it look like?:
growingcps_nepenthes_flower_male_and_female.jpg

Capslock
I'm not sure, but it looks more like the bottom one because the thingy is more fat and it is not long and skinny. I will try to post a pic of it if I can.

You should try asking in the nepenthes forum dewy
smile.gif
. I'm sure you'll get lots of help there.

My little D. regia is really starting to settle in. I'll try to post a picture soon to show its progress.

Yea, so is mine. The one I got off ebay just made a 7" leaf that promtly caught a knat, and curled around it!
biggrin.gif
This thing is gonna be fantastic!

Oh yeah! I forgot that you have a D. regia youngin' too, lol. Glad to hear that it's doing well for you.

7 inch leaf...dang! My little guy isn't that big yet. I'd say it's biggest leaf is around 3 or 4 inches long.

Just ran across this thread. Thought I put in my two cents. I had my regia outside all summer (we had a HOT summer), and it didn't do much. Now that I've moved it back indoors for the winter (in the highland tank), it's simply taken off. Almost doubled in size in about a six weeks. Now I know to keep it a little cooler!

smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Wow i just ran across this thread to and i do say you all have some very STUNNING and BEAUTIFUL dews...
smile_m_32.gif
That one where its growing out the pot holes is just to cool..
smile.gif
smile_n_32.gif

Back