What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cool illusion

• Thread starter Capslock
  • Start date
Hmmmm ... I wonder if, instead of seeing a green dot, **** Cheney sees weapons of mass destruction.

That's a good one.

My personal favourite, however, is this illusion:

ab7ph.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Nep_grower @ Oct. 27 2005,7:08)]That's a good one.

My personal favourite, however, is this illusion:
That may be, but is there any way to look at it and see that they are?

Bruce,
laugh.gif

Nep_grower, that's pretty cool. I opened it in photoshop to make sure! LOL! It's true!

Capslock

JBL, yes, if you open it in Photoshop you can sample both squares and verify they are exactly the same color.

Capslock

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Oct. 27 2005,7:20)]Bruce,
laugh.gif

Nep_grower, that's pretty cool. I opened it in photoshop to make sure! LOL! It's true!

Capslock
Thanks! Pretty cool, but that one with the pink dots is more dramatic IMO, and according to my nine year old daughter--she thinks you're a magician Caps!

If you don't have Photoshop you can open it up in Paint and drag one square over the other.

I think that first one is fibbing. I think there IS a green dot.

1) the far right middle dot...when the green dot comes around you can see a distinct square corner
2) If you cover up all the dots but one pink one, you can see it alternating between pink and green. Now there is no illusion if one single dot is flashing between pink and green

Hmm. I don't like the limitations of my brain
smile_h_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Hmm. I don't like the limitations of my brain
smile_h_32.gif

So stop limiting yourself.
smile.gif
I remember when I saw this (the link in the thread starter) posted elsewhere a good while ago, there was a blurb about how people who are able to focus and concentrate very well were able to see through the illusion. IF I remember correctly, they used monks who were able to focus because of their meditation. But then that blurb could be complete BS.
laugh.gif

I was looking at the thing as a whole at first, and saw the x, the pink dots, and a yellow moving dot for the longest.  Then I used the instructions, and I would slip in and out of what they said I should see.  Sometimes I'd even see a ring of green dots. Was wierd.

Wow...that is weird! It seemed the green dot erased the other dots.

Also, when you stop concentrating on the black + sign, look somewhere else on the background and if your brain is like mine you will see a ring of green dots.

Back