What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Communal Nepenthes Pot?

• Thread starter Acro
  • Start date
It seems that everyone grows their Neps singularly, in individual pots. I too, have done it for years.

Besides confusing identities, is there any reason not to grow several Neps in one large pot?

These are bean plants in the example, but It could done in a window box like this:
Bean_Mascotte_AAS2014-6R-scaled.jpg

And vine supports could be used for vertical window growth. Something like this:
short_beans_large.jpg

Please reply with your thoughts! :)

Last edited:
I think usually people just try to avoid the roots tangling so they're easier to move without stress later. If you're not planning on that, it's worth a try for sure! I think those auto troughs might stay a bit wet for neps (I've only personally used them with things in full sun) but now you've got me dreaming of a bog trough.

Keeping the plants that close together also marginally increases disease risk but with just a handful of plants I wouldn't stress.

I didn't actually mean to pick an auto-watering type planter. I just thought the photos displayed the idea I was going for.

The shelf in front of my window is about 2' wide, so if I can find a window planter of that size, I'll try it out.

Last edited:
I've done this before with different coloured hostas and the effect was amazing.
I was thinking of trying something like this with neps too.
Please post some pictures if you do, I would love to see them 😃

I did plant up a window box with 5 neps from trades I recently made!
I'll post up some photos soon. :)

Last edited:
Back