What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christmas Cactus help

carnivoure12

Hear the Call of Nepenthes
Hey everyone,

Ive had my CC for almost a year now and this month it produced buds, they are still the same size 1 mm in across, its been almost a month I've tried misting it, more light, water tray with pebbles, warmer spot, but nothing has changed still 1mm, the only thing I haven't tried is watering it more. Please help, or is it too late for these buds?

Oh yeas, and its in a rather large pot in my room.

No one can help me?

My mom grows this plant very successfully and here is what she had to say:

The buds are very small for quite a while and it does like morning sun. Keep in mind that it is a succulent plant and you don't want to over water it. We water ours every other week just a little bit. Just be patient and the blooms will open when they're ready. They are worth waiting for! This year we have ours somewhere with not so much light and there are not nearly as many blooms as it used to get. On the other side, if the leaves start to show a red tone to them it's getting too much light for optimal (all out) flowering but will still flower some.
Della

Hope that helps!
Andrew

Thanks for response andy, please thank your mother for her advice, I will do what she said.

you also dont want to move it once it starts setting buds.......if it started setting buds it was happy with the conditions it was in

Back