What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chinchilla Moving Day

• Thread starter seedjar
  • Start date

seedjar

Let's positive thinking!
So this Christmas my mom bought a new cage for my chinchillas. I've been stalling on setting it up for them, as I wanted to buy some extra cage accessories before moving them in. However, after busting my ankle I haven't had a lot of time to have the critters out in the house to play, so I decided to move them into the new cage today and worry about the other parts later as they've seemed rather bored. This cage is a really vast improvement to the previous cages I've had them in, as it's designed with a solid bottom and all-wood shelves to be easy on chinchilla feet. Now I don't have to worry about finding the girls asleep on top of their food dish any more. Additionally, it has sitting shelves on the sides of the cage, instead of being totally divided into separate tiers, so Thing One and Thing Two can run and jump freely.
The funky old wire-bottom cage is there on the left. Hip, happening new solid-bottom cage is on the right.
chinmovingday03.jpg

Notice the spacious all-wood interior. Excellent for sitting and chewing. Yum.
chinmovingday04.jpg

The happy homeowners.
chinmovingday12.jpg

Hope you enjoy. Soon to come - 'flying saucer' exercise wheel, a hay hopper and cage guards to keep the litter and poops on the chinchilla side of the cage.
~Joe

They seem very happy in their new home!
How old are they, BTW??

Wow. What's up with all the cute pet pictures tonight? I love them all! Looks like a great mansion for them.

xvart.

Sarah, the big one, is almost eleven, and Mariel, with the torn up ear, is seven or eight. Chinchillas live to around 20 in captivity, if I remember right.
~Joe

Ooooohhhhhhhh Aaaahhhhh! Very nice palace! And what gorgeous babies you have! I really thought their names were Thing One and Thing Two :p Hey I've heard of those flying saucer wheels, I was thinking of getting some for my gliders. Very nice new cage, I'm sure they are loving it :-D

Ahhh aren't they adorable!!!! They look so happy exploring the new place :)

AWWW!

ive got 4 of them right now that im trying to fing homes for.......................cute critters but ive got so many others at the momment that they arent getting much attention

Back