What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chihuly Glass Sculptures @ Fairchild Gardens

In Miami FL at Fairchild Botanical Gardens there is CHIHULY GLASS SCULPTURE EXHIBIT THROUGHOUT THE GARDENS - These amazing glass forms are beautifully integrated into the landscape. The exhibit is traveling, so it may be coming to a Botanical Garden near you.
PICT2291.JPG

PICT2313.JPG

PICT2356.JPG

PICT2370.JPG

PICT2319.JPG

We went there on Saturday and were very impressed with how these glass sculptures worked so well in the botanical garden landscape. Remember, these forms are made of glass but they look amazingly organic and plant-like.

If you want to see more, here's a link to the page on our site
http://www.sunbelleexotics.com/Sunbelle/Photo_Chihuly_Fairchild.htm

We took over 100 photos, but only published the main overview. The exhibit is leaving Fairchild on Wednesday and we're so glad we had a chance to see it. Hope you enjoy! Let us know what you think.
Michelle and Trent

We have one Hear in Ohio in Columbus.

Its preaty neat I must say!

Great shots.

He has a cp collection too.

Neat stuff, I am not a fan of modernist & abstract art but these look very good in a botanical setting. Especially that final pic above looks very seamless with the environment.

He also collects vintage Indian blankets.
biggrin.gif
A man after my own heart. Of course, having money, his collection is spectacular.

I believe this exhibit was in Atlanta not too long ago.

His work is awsome. What a guy...artist, blanket collector, plant lover....what more could ask for. I wonder if he likes rocks...
biggrin.gif

Beautiful ~ thanks for sharings pics. i gave tours for years at the san francisco conservatory of flowers ~ i can imagine the beauty of those pieces intertwined with the construction of the magical display of plants and flowers there.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ May 29 2006,11:40)]He has a cp collection too.
I have heard that too, I bet it is as awesome as his inspired glass!

This was an exquisite exhibit in Atlanta - I drove from Baton Rouge to see it (and the cps, too). I had to get my fix - I do not see near as much Chihuly since I left the Seattle/Tacoma area!

Hmmmm, maybe for next year's NASC auction.....

I was at a coffeehouse editing my book, working off the color galleys, and the waitress glanced at the images. "Are those Chihuly?" she asked. I told her, "No...these are what Chihuly sculpts his glass to look like."

I was impressed she knew Chihuly, and I am so intrigued by his stuff I took her comment as a compliment to my photos!

Later!

Back