What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check out this slime mold!

• Thread starter joossa
  • Start date

joossa

Aklys
We were studying Slime Molds in my Biololgy course and I was doing a little bit of research on these and I found a rather interesting slime mold, Fuligo septica. It's nickname is the Vomit Slime Mold.

Have a look...
Slimemold1.jpg

Slimemold2.jpg

Cool stuff, eh??

weak stuff..................going to have to do ALOT better than that to ruin my lunch...................visuals almost never get to me....... some smells will. though not as bad as they do to my wife.she starts gagging at teh smell of a skunk but they have never bothered me in the slightest.

cool pics

I see why it has its nick name!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]visuals almost never get to me..

You uh.... Want me to find some that will?
wink.gif.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It's nickname is the Vomit Slime Mold.

Huh? Why?
tounge.gif

Slime mold is pretty interesting stuff! Have you got an accompanying link for us to check out with some related reading?

Est.............go ahead and try but i warn yah ive developed pictures for the cops of someone i know who was fell infront of a train. funny thing with that roll of film, the picture that bugged me the most was just the one of his baseball cap laying on the ground. nothing else was recogniseable as being specifically from him though you could most definatly identify body parts.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Est.............go ahead and try

It's really a shame, but I'm still trying to avoid getting banned for a while.
wink.gif.gif
I'll take your word that you've ben de-sensitized (as I have been,) but I guarantee you I can come up with some stuff that'd make even you queezy.
wink.gif.gif

--oh right, and thanks for the link, too.
smile.gif

I have this! As you can see from the picture, it easily grows on mulch or bark mulch topdressings. Really fascinating. I had 5 mats this year, though I had to remove the ones from the front yard fro cosmetic reasons. But in the backyard, I leave them. I get these and a fascinating rare azure one that appeared for me one year and I have been kind of propagating and cultivating ever since. Its so cool! I have never seen it anywhere else, but ig grows in 1 foot wide mats and is kind of easy to propagate. I grow it on the compost pile where it helps with decomposition.

I love slime mold, expecialy for the fact that it will move to where ever it finds suitable! Unless my bio teacher really was a pot head and made that up.

rock.gif

My compost pile must be favorable for the azure one, because though they shift positions on it, they never travel off it.

get pictures of the Azure one when you get a chance...

Back