What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cephalotus

i put my cephalotus outside for a few days to see if i could get it to redden up. Everything was fine until i forgot that it was going to get into the 90's the one day. All of the pitchers and developing pitchers were fine, but a lot of the non-carnivorous leaves were burned. most are not dead but are tan on one side. Should i cut some of them off or leave it to do it's thing? At least it's still growing fine just looks a little ugly at the moment.

I'd leave them until they were completely brown/dead before removing them. They're still photosynthesizing until then and the ceph might as well get what it can from them before you remove them.

Sounds like it was a case of too much too fast. BTW, should your Ceph start to go downhill, I would take the winter leaves and place in live LFS to propogate new plants.

yeah, i moved it back to the windowsill i had it in before and it looks like it's doing fine just looks a little funny with half green half red pitchers, and brown/red leaves. I think it will recover fine.

Stability of conditions is also important.

Back