What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cephalotus Eden Black Seeds

Im going to get some Cephalotus Eden Black seeds! I know they can't be the exact cultivator but they will have some characteristics. The problem is that there in Europe. How do I import them? I know I have to have a small lots of seeds permit but are there other ones too? Ive heard about the phytosanitary certificate, is that just for plants?

Congrats! I know nothing of import requirements but I would suggest that you verify the source of these seeds if you are paying more than what typical ceph seeds are worth. I would even ask for a pic of the seeds and the mother and compare to other pics of ceph seeds if you have never seen ceph seeds before. But that is just me.

There are many fraudsters, especially in other parts of the world. There is a well known one in the UK.

I believe the original grower of Eden Black keeps records of everyone who has received an Eden Black from hiim. With a little work you could probably find out if these seeds are truly from an Eden Black.

Oh yeah I got it straight from the guy who made the cultivator, his screen name is gardenofeden.

Bingo! Then you are a lucky man! If you want to trade let me know. LOL.

EDIT: Screename on a CP forum I assume and not from some auction site which shall not be named.

How do I import them? I know I have to have a small lots of seeds permit but are there other ones too? Ive heard about the phytosanitary certificate, is that just for plants?
PPQ 587 should do it for you. Phyto not required. Holding the permit is not enough, you must follow it's conditions & the sender must also follow the conditions. The conditions aren't that tough but sometimes it can be a challenge to explain to non-english-speaking people (obviously not the case here).

Oh good! This is my first time to order seeds overseas. dashman, my plan is to distrubute some seedlings if a lot germinate. The question is, should I stratify them or not. I've had good look with both but I want to be sure I get the best germination rate.

Back