What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carnibank

• Thread starter FarmerDave
  • Start date
Hello everyone, I was just wondering if anyone has heard of carnibank, or has done buiseness with them, because I tried a while back but they never emailed me back.

Never heard of it. There's a list of reputable online vendors on Barry Rice's CP FAQ, but Carnibank isn't on it. I'm pretty sure you can find what you want from one of those other nurseries, though.
~Joe

Be patient with him, it is a perfectly reputable source so far as I know (not a vendor). I believe it is one man with possibly some volunteer help. It's kind of a similar thing to the ICPS bank except not through a formal Org. I have communicated with him, it just takes a while to get a response sometimes I think. The only potential proiblem with the seed bank idea is knowing how old the seeds are and trusting people's ID's (although that might be half the fun).

Actually the Carnibank sometimes gets stuff that no other source has--

Somewhere here and I can't remember where there is a post by the owner of Carnibank.  Maybe try a search and you might come up with it.  Its an explanation of what it is.

yes, thanks for the help.
I searched for Patrice, and I found him, but unfortunately he said that he resined this year, but would like to start a carnibank in the US if possible.

Personally I think that It would be a great Idea. Because like how Bigcarnivorkid said, " we have an ICPS but because you have to be a member and because you have to pay a fee to use it, It kind of restrics the people under the age of 17 because they might not be able to pull out the money"

So I think that It would be a great Idea.

Hi Farmer Dave,

Yes, I have dealt with carnibank. The owner, Patrice, is a really nice guy.

They are located in France, however, so make sure you are aware of any import/export issues before you do any business with him. Since he does mostly seeds, those issues are limmited, but better safe than sorry.

That's right...I forgot it was Patrice that ran that. He's a great guy.

A really good seed bank. You don't need to be a member to receive seeds. I'm the one who give Byblis liniflora seeds at the beginner section.

Back