What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

car photo shoot... sort of

yeaa! i got my blue VW emblem for the hood today. after fighting with it for WAAAAAY longer than it should have taken, i finally got it on. the chrome on the original was peeling, so i had to get a new one anyway. i cleaned up pookie, nathan cleaned up the celica and we took some pictures.

here ya go, copcar:

IM000883.jpg

IM000876.jpg

IM000885.jpg

IM000888.jpg

pookie:
7lb flywheel
GIAC chip

18 x 7.5 BBS wheels
clear corners
stupid blue emblem

celica:
too much stuff for me to have the patience to list

we're still waiting... and waiting and waiting for the late model miata to get finished with some minor body work. will post before and after pics.

nice! i have to post some pics of mine tonight or something after work...

thank you.

please do share some pics.
dunno if you guys have noticed, but cars are my other interest (okay.... obsession)

i seriously need another car that's new (or newer) and more practical but still fun. maybe someday if i get a real job. at least the celica and miata are paid for and the bug almost is.

I get my fun car back from the shop on Monday. I'm dying to see it again! It got new headlight rims, new dash, new complete brake system, ignition, rebuilt carb, and a bunch of smaller stuff.

It's a 1966 Sunbeam Tiger, sort of a robin's egg blue. Photos WILL be forthcoming.

Capslock

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ April 20 2006,8:21)]I get my fun car back from the shop on Monday. I'm dying to see it again! It got new headlight rims, new dash, new complete brake system, ignition, rebuilt carb, and a bunch of smaller stuff.

It's a 1966 Sunbeam Tiger, sort of a robin's egg blue. Photos WILL be forthcoming.

Capslock
awesome. weren't you the Mercedes-Benz enthusiast from a couple years ago, or was that someone else?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ April 20 2006,8:21)]I get my fun car back from the shop on Monday. I'm dying to see it again! It got new headlight rims, new dash, new complete brake system, ignition, rebuilt carb, and a bunch of smaller stuff.

Capslock
Now THAT I wanna see.

heres my car, 1997 chevy malibu 2.4L 4cyl.:

95730779O933749609.jpg

95730929O278369561.jpg

95730995O787101107.jpg

95730985O135315463.jpg

Looks like you were rear-ended. Or maybe you backed up into someone?

Anyway, nice car. Did you buy the headlights smoked like that or did you spray them yourself?

they are blackout headlight covers. yeah some old asian guy was rubber necking but i didnt have insurance so i faked that i did and he just ended up giving me 50.00. i really didnt wanna take much more than that...
blues.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ April 27 2006,1:33)]they are blackout headlight covers. yeah some old asian guy was rubber necking but i didnt have insurance so i faked that i did and he just ended up giving me 50.00. i really didnt wanna take much more than that...
blues.gif
dude, that's way more than $50 worth of damage. what can you do though? yea yea... you feel bad cause it truly was an accident and feel bad for the guy but you didn't have an insurance company to call anyway.

you would be screwed even with insurance anyway. let me stop before i get on a roll...

To show how much the Malibu has changed over the years, here's a pic of my wife's first car. A 1972 Malibu 350.

96055179O271712219.jpg

Haha that thing rocks. I love old school cars.

btw: I hope that car sees the road every once in a while. I feel sorry for old schoolers that are never driven.

As a matter of fact it's being used tomorrow to chauffeur my daughter and her date to her HS prom
smile_n_32.gif

Back