What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Car and nepenthes

[b said:
Quote[/b] (WalterG @ Oct. 05 2005,9:42)]Boyohboy. A Mini with a V8? You're insane!
smile_n_32.gif
Too bad it will handle like a dump truck.

Sorry I"m a purist...
smile_l_32.gif

laugh.gif
so did you get home already jess? call me

Will you PLEASE move this off the NEPENTHES forum?

philcula must not be a car and nepenthes fanatic
confused.gif
smile_n_32.gif

but yeah speaking about the topic
smile_l_32.gif

im suppose to get an order on thursday that i made on monday.  its a burbidgea pink flush, bongso from BE, and a spectabilis x veitchii!  dam i cant wait anymore for these but untill tomorrow!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ Oct. 05 2005,1:13)]philcula must not be a car and nepenthes fanatic
confused.gif
smile_n_32.gif
It just so happens my Nepenthes and cp  collection as a whole probably surpasses most botanical gardens in this country. Let's see....at last count I think I have 18 different forms of ampularia, 27 burbidgeae (from seed), 30 rajah, etc, etc. So yeah...I am a Nep fanatic. I just don't feel topics about automobiles should be discussed in a forum reserved for Nepenthes ONLY. The General Discussion Forum is a fine place to talk about this particular topic.

Now that isn't too much to ask is it?
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (philcula @ Oct. 05 2005,3:40)]....at last count I think I have 18 different forms of ampularia, 27 burbidgeae (from seed), 30 rajah, etc, etc. ...

Ooh. I'm a certified ampullariaholic - how about posting some pictures of your amps?

well no philcula, not too much to ask, but general disscusion is too too broad. i just was curious too see if there were people out there that enjoy hobbies such as nepenthes AND cars! cant this get any better guys/galys? also i wanted to know how people deal with the fact that you have to choose car parts or new and rare nepenthes such as hariy hamata.

if you, philcula, can move this topic to a specific place then do so or ask someone to. im only a member and i cant really do much but not to post something like this in the future, hope that helps:)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (WalterG @ Oct. 05 2005,7:10)]

Ooh.  I'm a certified ampullariaholic - how about posting some pictures of your amps?
I never post pictures or grow lists of my plants. The only way people see them is by private invitation to the nursery and even then...cameras are not allowed. So sorry. In case you're wondering where I obtained so many clones, I have a very good friend who lives in Hiroshima, Japan. When he visits, around 8 times per year for business in the Silicon Valley, he emails me weeks in advance and asks if I am looking for anything.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ Oct. 05 2005,11:13)]philcula must not be a car and nepenthes fanatic
confused.gif
smile_n_32.gif
hey philcula, sorry if you got me wrong! i meant both at the same time. of course you are a nepaholic. i wanted to ask you something. what kinds of burbidgea do you have? im suppose to get a red/pink flush of it!

Even when you consider the conversion rates...

100,000 Singapore Dollars = $59,038.8 US Dollars

That is still a lot for a Camry that can be bought here for 10k. I'm afraid to ask what gas prices must be like there.

-Rail

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ Oct. 05 2005,9:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ Oct. 05 2005,11:13)]philcula must not be a car and nepenthes fanatic
confused.gif
smile_n_32.gif
hey philcula, sorry if you got me wrong! i meant both at the same time.  of course you are a nepaholic.  i wanted to ask you something.  what kinds of burbidgea do you have? im suppose to get a red/pink flush of it!
No sweat. I wasn't insulted or miffed by anything you said.

The majority of my burbidgeae are seed grown with some definite color forms. I have the red/pink form and to be perfectly honest with you..I prefer the more typical white/cream. The pitcher on my clone of red/pink becomes very dark red/purple in bright light and the definition of the stripe pattern almost disappears, and the lid gets super dark red on the inside.

I have another clone that has sort of a golden green pitcher with purple splotches and a green, red and purple striped peristome. It's not my best plant but I love the tubby nature of it. Many of the seed grown specimens vary more in pitcher shape than they do in color. My preferences are the tubby, wide mouthed forms that are creamy white with pink spots and bright candy cane peristomes. Like sculpted porcelain.

yeah i luv the tubby too:;): well i think the vendor mentioned some purple when the plant is older. i think they may have the same coloration as the bongso does dont you think?

Well, I may not be the best at color descriptions but if I were to compare it to my clone of bongso I would say bongso has hints or undertones of brown or chocolate in it where the burbidgeae has more of a true red/purple.

nice to know i just cant wait till i get my order in:O
the mail man should be here tomorrow @ around 12:00pm.....

I know the feeling. My friend Akinori is supposed to be visiting the area again in January. I've put my order in for the hairy hamata. Unfortunately...this one he's not too sure about and I'm sure it'll cost me far too much if he gets me one. He says he has 3 of them and they're about 1-1/2 inches but he's not willing to part with them. It's all good though. If I don't get one then it wasn't meant to be and life will continue....I think.
smile_l_32.gif

laugh.gif
yur looking at about $200.00 for a hamata that has cow licks all over!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CopcarFC @ Oct. 06 2005,12:11)]Even when you consider the conversion rates...

100,000 Singapore Dollars = $59,038.8 US Dollars

That is still a lot for a Camry that can be bought here for 10k. I'm afraid to ask what gas prices must be like there.

-Rail
Regular price wars with petrol stations. Personally I don't care about that and would probably go to whichever is convenient. Might not drive a car till I go to the US for uni though...is it true that petrol is cheaper than water in the US? Visited there this summer but didn't really try to calculate.

Too much diversion, I will stop now. Philcula, I thought you were only a sarraholic.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jason Wong @ Oct. 06 2005,10:39)]

Philcula, I thought you were only a sarraholic.
I'm pretty much into everything. But if you had to talk obsessions...I hols major collections of Nepenthes, Sarracenia, Pings and VFT. Through breeding efforts I have created most of my Sarr and nearly all of my VFT collection (which are actually my pride and joy).

Yes gas is dirt cheap here, compared to other contries yet alot of people still have the nerve to complain about it. In the UK its like 8-10 bux a gallon for gasoline....thats why more people there are using diesel bio diesel and E85

I just added another layer of duct tape to my pickup. The only thing bumpin' on my ride is the muffler against the ground.

Brian

Back