What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Canon 35mm service?

• Thread starter Av8tor1
  • Start date
I'm looking for a source to get my Canon AE-1 freshened up, it needs the foam replaced around the mirror and film door, probably could stand some routine cleaning, lubrication, and calibration, (it doesn't suffer from shutter squeak)

bringing the grand old girl out of retirement for some macro use

who is the AE-1 guru (prefer canon certified)

or if someone has an old, unloved service manual (first generation, non-p model) Ill do it myself :)

Av

Garry's Camera Repair is supposed to be good. 90 day warranty, reasonable rates, good turn around time (7 day). Illinois.

seems reasonable, thanks Warren

you've just got it covered this morning ey mate :hail: :)

cheers'
Av

Garry's was recommended by a couple people in a Minolta group. I haven't used them because there is an ex-Minolta tech guru local to me, but I'm sure they are just as good with Canons. The AE-1 is a great little camera. I prefer the aperature priority of Minoltas myself.

Garry's was recommended by a couple people in a Minolta group. I haven't used them because there is an ex-Minolta tech guru local to me, but I'm sure they are just as good with Canons. The AE-1 is a great little camera. I prefer the aperature priority of Minoltas myself.

Not surprised that they wouldn't recommend the Sony repair. I have a Konica-Minolta camera and they sold the repair rights to Sony. When I got my camera back from their certified repair centre, not only did the problem come back a day or two later, but there were several deep gashes. Spent months talking to them about it trying to something worked out. Warranty: shot. Resale value: shot. Moral: chose your repair centre carefully.

The AE-1 was the 64 1/2 Mustang of cameras IMHO, designed so the average Joe could afford a little performance and looks, not an F1 but still sexy when it came out

for a second opinion/place to call we have used Samy's Camera with good results. we've got one of those AE-1's aswell great cameras......i was still using it up to a couple years ago.

Back