What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Camera's

• Thread starter HPLH
  • Start date
can anyone reccomend something good?

im looking for a good camera that takes amazing pictures of close up things like plants and things and also something that can survive and little wear and tear.

price limit is $500

8-12 pixel range

ideas?

tell me what you use

Something Nikon. I have a Coolpix L5 that I love (less than $100). Its 7MP, 5x optical zoom, good macro. You could get a better Coolpix that will meet your requirements for like $250, if that.

i was looking at that

but do i really want a camera that says Coolpix..

reminds me of one of those "My First Camera" products

lol it doesnt say it in huge letters or anything. Its a good camera. The Fuji Funpix line is decent enough as well (some models anyway), like the S8000fd. 18x optical zoom baby! Huge as hell though.

I bought a Coolpix 5700 5MP 10x Optical zoom, $1600... in 2000

Now I'm Helping my mom get new camera the ones we're looking at are way better than mine for $200 :crazy:

There was a tread a while back about a new camera. I was impressed with the pics that was posted. I think it was a Pentax K100D Super. I don't know the price though. Here's the thread.

That's an SLR. Body + macro lens is out of the price range that you want. If you want an SLR anyway, there's definitely ways to use it to get macros cheaply (EG converter so you can put a lens on backwards.)

Since you're probably looking for something more compact, I'd recommend whatever Canon compact fits your needs. Then I'd recommend that you check out the CHDK firmware. Basically, someone's created an easy to use hack for many of the Canon compacts that allows you to use functions that you normally find only on SLRs. While you wont magically have the image quality or lenses of an SLR, it really is pretty darn neat! Look in to it! :)

Added: About CHDK

should get a macro lens, they're very cool and useful.

Back