What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Byblis For Trade

theyellowdart

sea bear returns!
One pot of three B. liniflora up for trade. These apparently do not ship well, so I would prefer to ship them potted; but if you do not want all of the plants and are willing to take the risk, I can uproot them.

I'm trying to get rid of some of the "surplus" items in my collection and these are taking up too much space on my growrack. All offers will be considered.

Thanks,

Matt

A couple months ago, Crissytal sent me a pot of B. liniflora. There were 5 seedlings. All arrived just fine. One soon died, possibly to damp-off. the other plants have grown and are now flowering. Risky, bu do-able.

Thanks for the info Jim. That makes me feel a lot better.

Yep, I had pretty good success shipping some Byblis to Jim. I believe the ones I sent him were growing in peat pots. I wrapped the entire peat pot (do the same for regular pots) in suran wrap to hold in moisture and to prevent the soil from becoming lose and scattering the plants all over the place. One of these days I'll do a tutorial on how I ship plants potted. I'm sure anyone that has received anything potted from me hates how I pack them. It involves plenty of tape :).

Crystal

Edit: I wanted to add that it is possible to transplant Byblis, though I think it has to do with the age of the plant. I've plucked up some seedlings (lots of root disturbance) and replanted them in another location. Most survived. I don't know how they'd hold up to being bareroot/dug up for days while in transit though.

Last edited:
Back