What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bugs, bugs, bugs! (DUW)

joossa

Aklys
Hey everyone. I thought I’d share some shots of the native bugs. Most were taken within the last couple of months. Enjoy!

Coleoptera

C01.jpg

C05.jpg

C04.jpg

C03.jpg

C02.jpg

Diptera

P4080105-1.jpg

Di05.jpg

Di04.jpg

Di03.jpg

Di02.jpg

Di01.jpg

P4300016.jpg

Dictyoptera

D01.jpg

D02.jpg

Hymenoptera

Hy01.jpg

P6260009.jpg

Hemiptera

H01.jpg

H02.jpg

H03.jpg

H04.jpg

H05.jpg

H06.jpg

H07.jpg

Neuroptera

N03.jpg

N02.jpg

N01.jpg

Lepidoptera

L06.jpg

L05.jpg

L04.jpg

L03.jpg

L02.jpg

L01.jpg

Odonata

Od01.jpg

Orthoptera

O08.jpg

O07.jpg

O06.jpg

O05.jpg

O01.jpg

O04.jpg

O02.jpg

O03.jpg

Spiders

S01-1.jpg

S02-1.jpg

S03-1.jpg

S04-1.jpg

Wuhoo! I especially enjoyed the Dictyoptera.

wow!!! Very cool! Thanks for sharing!!

Very cool! Thanks for sharing. :D

A-DO! Wo mkai ya.

I dont even dare to get that close to take pictures of bugs since I got 30+ exploding bug bites.. and it turns out that I'm allergic to them too.

great shots!

unusual subject so you get bonus points.. :)

It's a bug's life! Thanks for sharing!

Food!
Actually, with grasshoppers, i catch them, then freeze them for my sarrs. I'm not sure if theyll chew a pitcher open so i free them. i also feed small ones to dews

Awesome picture collection! Just gorgeous shots. Joosa do you know the species name for the last Coleoptera photo of the green and white striped bad boy? Would truly help me out if you did.

Whoa, congrats on the rare mantis find! What's the beetle in the third pic? The things have been all over the place here.

Awesome picture collection! Just gorgeous shots. Joosa do you know the species name for the last Coleoptera photo of the green and white striped bad boy? Would truly help me out if you did.
That one is a June Beetle. It a hisser too! I believe it's Polyphylla decemlineata.

Whoa, congrats on the rare mantis find! What's the beetle in the third pic? The things have been all over the place here.

Yeah, that first mantis pictured, Litaneutria minor is pretty rare in these parts. It was the first of the species I have found here.
I do not know the ID for the beetle in the third picture. Sorry....

Thanks!

Back