What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

broke my wrist

well yesturday i was skateboarding as i had for many years and took a rather light fall onto my left wrist i actually was just riding and clipped something. it showed on the x ray buldged to the side. i still have my right arm though but have to do everything with my right but i am right handed anyway. i not only have sport bowling and polevault season coming up i also have my drivers test next month. ill probably end up doing alot on my website as they told me to take it easy.

I'm sorry dude!

Once I broke my arm when I tripped off of a wheel-chair ramp. I'm a Manly Man....

Ouch, sorry to hear about that. Are you still able to bowl with only the one arm ? Maybe they can give you a few pins like handicapping in golf
biggrin.gif

Sorry, I know that sucks.

Maybe you can use the gutter bumpers.

That's too bad, but a broken wrist on your off-arm won't limit it you too much in normal life. But sports are another thing. Is it in a cast?

well i would of went bowling today cause im in a saturday league but the doctor said you might risk falling on it. i would of but my mom wouldnt let me. i have a soft cast right now. most likely a hard one monday there gona take a look at it. Definately going bowling next week. It was annoying taking a shower cause u cant get it wet.

Horray for plastic bags!
biggrin.gif

you can also use one of those metal ramp things...

And get all the cool parking spots.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]And get all the cool parking spots.

You mean the ones he can't park in because he can't drive yet? lol

Sorry to hear about your wrist. I had a friend who banged up his wrist pretty bad about two years ago when he took a nasty spill. He shattered a socket and had to have pins put in and all that fun stuff- so it could be worse! ;) Keep your head up!
smile.gif

well i can walk fine i dont need a ramp thing and better parking spots. if i would of passed the first time on my drivers test which was before i hurt my wrist i wouldnt have to worry about getting out of this cast to go take it and pass. i already had an apointment for dec 5th before breaking my wrist so i will see what they think. if im luckily i wont have to reschedule my drivers test. ya and plastic bags do come in handy for keeping my cast dry in showers.
smile.gif

The DMV is evil. Not as evil as evil as the INS, but I could see them being in cahoots!

:waits to be deported <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>again</span>:
Oo.gif
biggrin.gif

ya i know right they failed me for parallel parking and its not really needed near where i live. but u got to get by the dmv one way or another.
smile.gif
they would definately fail me for driving with a cast

you have a website?

Wow! Now I'm afraid to get my lisence next year!

Is the Driver's Permit test hard?

my website is at here. i currently hav been adding lots of pictures of my cephalotus, nepenthes and sarracenia pages also am going to add drosera pings devils claw and all. i will have in depth of pictures of all the cps i grow. the permit test is tough cause it must be written by a colledge professor. their goal is to confuse you

well tomorow i go to get my wrist straightened in surgery where they knock you out and straighten it.they said i broke the radius of the arm/wrist and now i have to have a cast past my elbow for 2 weeks and then a short one for 4.
mad.gif
rock.gif

How old is that video?
How old were you when you got into CPs?

that video is my spring cp video. my summer one i forgot to put on there. that was this past summer and spring. i got my first flytrap when i was 13 and kinda though hey this is an awesome plant and said theres got to be other carnivorous plants out there and with the internet and all i started getting neps and all although my first year or two i couldnt keep cps alive for my life. then i just started learning more and from experience.

Back