What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Book news

• Thread starter Barry-Rice
  • Start date
Hey Folks,

As I just posted to the CP listserve, I'm giggling a bit because I've been contacted by my publisher and have been given a press agent. This is all very amusing. My wife thinks it's great. I want a contract clause that I get brown M&Ms at all speaking engagements! And Bertie Bott's vomit flavored beans.

Anyway, I'm also pleased (in an embarrassing way) to see that Amazon is offering one of those discounts if you order my book along with Don Schnell's. Odd, of course, since the book is not even going to be printed until September (so the printer tells me). But this is very cool for me since I studied Don's book like it was gospel, when I was starting out in CP.

Yeah, I'm a maudlin geek. Sue me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry-Rice @ April 26 2006,10:26)]And Bertie Bott's vomit flavored beans.
Gee, Barry, you sure know how to live it up. ;P
This is pretty big - you have every reason to be excited! Were I not a poor college student I'd have a copy reserved myself. Congratulations!
~Joe

Awesome Barry! I've got a spot in my botanical library already reserved for it - I only wish I could get it signed!
(that makes ME an even bigger geek!
smile_n_32.gif
)

I would say that every place you speak at has a Carnivorous plant of some kind visable!! Ill be buying youre book most definetaly! Congrats!

Cheers

You have every reason in the world to be excited! I know I would be
smile.gif

I've had your book pre-ordered on Amazon.com for a while now. I can't wait!

I hope it has all the charm of your FAQ and the experiment conducted on eating human foot flesh.
smile_m_32.gif
Do you make frequent mention of bulging muscles?
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]And Bertie Bott's vomit flavored beans.

You do realize that the vomit ones are a gatewat jelly bean, don't you?! Next thing you know you'll be doing booger, you'll run away and we'll find you on a park bench surrounded by grass and dirt beans...
confused.gif
biggrin.gif

Congrats again, though! I'm going to be sure to preorder a copy- can't wait to get my hands on it (and it comes out around my birthday so I can work it in.)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (seedjar @ April 26 2006,2:34)]Were I not a poor college student I'd have a copy reserved myself.
I'm a poor college student AND I have a copy reserved!  I can't wait to read it...I love your website, you have a fantastic writing style and sense of humor.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Est @ April 26 2006,3:08)].....you'll run away and we'll find you on a park bench surrounded by grass and dirt beans...
Do you think the dirt beans would be safe for potting up my CPs??

Cogratulations! Glad to hear your book is being printed Barry. I've been looking forward to reading it since I first found out about it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Presto @ April 26 2006,2:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (seedjar @ April 26 2006,2:34)]Were I not a poor college student I'd have a copy reserved myself.
I'm a poor college student AND I have a copy reserved!  I can't wait to read it...I love your website, you have a fantastic writing style and sense of humor.
Hahaha, ditto! Being a poor college student sucks
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Est @ April 26 2006,5:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]And Bertie Bott's vomit flavored beans.

You do realize that the vomit ones are a gatewat jelly bean, don't you?! Next thing you know you'll be doing booger, you'll run away and we'll find you on a park bench surrounded by grass and dirt beans...
confused.gif
biggrin.gif

Congrats again, though! I'm going to be sure to preorder a copy- can't wait to get my hands on it (and it comes out around my birthday so I can work it in.)
WOAH! thes are the nasty flavors on a scale of 1-10
Vomit-10
Soap-7
Balck Pepper-10
Booger-9
Dirt-5
Earthworm-7
Grass-9
Rotten Egg-5,876,039,856,703,958,760,985,679,305,867,058!!!
Sardine-10
and supposedly poop flavor is coming out soon.....
smile_t_32.gif

congratulations!

i see there are a lot of bright people on this board and i wish you the best

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bugfreak @ April 26 2006,5:32)]i see there are a lot of bright people on this board
sorry about that but Ozzy and Bugweed insist on wearing shorts now that its spring...........they should have a tan before long, untill than wear sunglasses

Congrats Barry!

Good thing we are all friends here. I just can't wait until I get my advanced FREE copy of your book Barry.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Balck Pepper-10

I like the pepper ones.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]sorry about that but Ozzy and Bugweed insist on wearing shorts now that its spring.

You think that is something, you should see my farmers tan.

But will CPs still seem so interesting after Barry's book draws millions of new growers to the hobby? Especially has-been celebrities trying to ride the next big thing. Maybe Brittney Spears will stop having children and will start growing Pings. Paris Hilton will do a show from a southern Sarracenia habitat, where she'll be too lazy and self-absorbed to poach.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ April 26 2006,5:47)]But will CPs still seem so interesting after Barry's book draws millions of new growers to the hobby?  Especially has-been celebrities trying to ride the next big thing.  Maybe Brittney Spears will stop having children and will start growing Pings.  Paris Hilton will do a show from a southern Sarracenia habitat, where she'll be too lazy and self-absorbed to poach.
That was the best reply to a thread I've ever read. Period.

What!!! You woke me up for this!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? For that, I am coming to see you for my free copy. Ozzy said I could have his too!

Right on, Barry! The Maudlin Putz is movin' up!!!!

Hey Folks,

As I mentioned on the CP listserve, I just discovered that my publicist is perfectly named to hype a book written by me, a dedicated wetland and bog explorer. Her name is:

Lake Boggan

Hell, I'm planning on going lake boggin this weekend!
smile.gif

B

Back