What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bog Lily

SubRosa

BS Bulldozer
Just picked a really nice plant at the one local nursery that has a half decent selection of bog plants. Crinum americanum, the Bog Lily, native to the SE US from NC on down. It's going into the barrel on wheels with my Lilium catebaei for right now, but as I increase the numbers of both plants i'll try them in the ground.
ca2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool! Make sure you right click the photo on cpforums.org and select "view image" and then from that url, select from the start up to .jpg and that's what you use. :) I fixed this one for yah!

Lol, pretty sure I offered you one of these during the NASC. :p

I have lots of these. They grow wild in a ditch near me so every few years I thin them out before the other idiots notice them and start ripping up everything with no regard for population control. I also have the "peruvian daffodil" varieties as well. Enjoy it. They are easy to grow and will grow in standing water. The more moisture you give them the more they spread and the more offshoots you get.

Also, if you get any extra Catesbaei bulbs... um... pm me? :p

Last edited:
Lol, pretty sure I offered you one of these during the NASC. :p

I have lots of these. They grow wild in a ditch near me so every few years I thin them out before the other idiots notice them and start ripping up everything with no regard for population control. I also have the "peruvian daffodil" varieties as well. Enjoy it. They are easy to grow and will grow in standing water. The more moisture you give them the more they spread and the more offshoots you get.

Also, if you get any extra Catesbaei bulbs... um... pm me? :p
I seem to recall you mentioning the Bog Lilies, but I think if you offered I think I would have accepted. Or perhaps I was temporarily insane due to my eagerness to win the catesbaei? In any case it certainly is a beautiful plant, and I really like the fragrance as well. I got an extra catesbaei plant so I could cross pollinate. If they bloom this year I'll hopefully start some seedlings over the winter. If that works out, or if/when I get an offset I'll definitely let you know!

Very cool! Make sure you right click the photo on cpforums.org and select "view image" and then from that url, select from the start up to .jpg and that's what you use. :) I fixed this one for yah!

Ok I was wondering how I screwed up! I have no problem admitting my technological incompetence! Thanks again Andrew!

You know what... I don't think it was you afterall. It was someone else looking for "bog companions".

Also, good luck with the pollenation! I've tried a few lillies myself but the problem is... the flowers fall off and I lose track of what I pollinated. So I don't expect results.

Last edited:
Back