What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blatta lateralis colony for trade

Lil Stinkpot

Lucky Greenhorn
CLOSED-- Thanks Frilleon!

I accidentally bought 3,000 Blatta lateralis; AKA red runners, Turks, Turkistans, little-fast-sneezy things; and both Teddy, my bearded dragon, and I are tired of them.

They can't climb, but can sure run, and the males can kinda hover and flutter-glide. They are good food for anything that is itching for a good chase. Teddy, however, is just a lazy bum, and won't bat an eye at them any more. They are not afraid to run up your arm, and will run toward your feed-ie. :-)) They give off a mild defensive smell, kinda like old oniony gym shorts. When Teddy chows down, they make a skunky smell, but he never seemed to mind it. The smell fades within moments.

Linky: http://www.nyworms.com/turkistancare.htm

I have fed off a couple hundred, and there are about a thousand egg cases on the floor, ready to hatch. I estimate at least 2,000 still in there.

Besides them being too fast for my lazy dragon, the biggest reason I am trading the away is that they make me sneeze. I've never experienced anything like it.

If there is an accidental release, as long as you don't live in the tropics, they should die within days. I don't know if they are allowed in Florida. I know dubias aren't.

This is a huge mess of roaches. :angel:

I don't have anything in particular in mind, but I like Neps, Utrics and Sarraceias. I don't have any Aldrovanda any more, or Cephalotus. ;) Is it gemmae season yet? :-O

Last edited:
I might take these of your hand. Are you going to the next BACPS meeting? I'll have to figure out what I have to trade. I'll get back to you, but if you get a good offer take it. I already have a colony, but my lizards love them.

I am going to the next meeting.

I posted on TF first, just in case someone here just happened to want some, and if there was absolutely no interest, then I'd go to the bearded dragon forum.

Personally, I'd rather not ship.

Tarantula kids, you should jump on these as well.. They make great feeders for those smaller T's!!

Frilleon, you are the only guy to show any interest. Do you still want them?

yup! I got a few things you might be interested in. I'll PM you.

CLOSED. Thanks Frilleon!

Back