What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Black Piranha

I'm getting a 2 inch black piranha for my 10 gallon. Since they only grow about an inch a year I figure I can keep it in there for a while. I'm gonna just get a couple amazon swords for plants. I'm gonna put a powerhead for some currant. How would sand work for the plants? I'm gonna use about 34 watts for lighting. What else should I do to make it as natural as I can and get the best color?

Instead of sand I think I'm gonna go with Schultz Aquatic Plant Soil.

Have you not seen my Piranha thread?

I can tell you that Schultz is VERY lightweight, so I wouldn't use it incase he ate some or something.

I read from piranha-fury.com that it's good stuff. I don't really understand your post.

Then use it.

http://www.aquariacentral.com/articles/bpiranha.shtml

Heck yea I read that a while back. They are nice and mean. Like to be by theirself. Like me. I figure I'd throw in some guppies to cycle the tank, plants, and some driftwood, and then throw the piranha in there and see what happens.

Instead of "throwing in some guppies" to cycle your tank, I would recommend using some cocktail shrimp (as a source of ammonia). About 1 cocktail shrimp per 50 gallons is sufficient. No need to risk introducing a disease to your tank and possibly harming your piranha.

Back