What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beginning Plant tissue Culture some History.

This is an informational thread. To culture Cp, You will need an overview (next thread). A space to work and grow. I feel you will need a hepa hood. HEPA, HIGH, Efficiency, Particulate, Air. History on HEPA BEGINS IN 1942, US ARMY. It was used to develop Bio --weapons. Personaly, I believe the Tech came from the stars and I can back the statement up. A World Symposium, many years ago was convened in London, a good many years ago to decide about banning Hepa Technology. The conclusion was, the good outweighed the bad. My advanced HEPA hood designs serve me perfectly. I own 2 HEPA hoods. The first one I built was made of solid Mahogany planks. It uses a 12 inch square filter with a silicon fluid channel, and a 12 inch frame adapter, germicidal light and an electrical outlet, a little pricey, it moves 100 cubic feet of air a minute. With a new filter installed I cultured 600 test tubes with 1 contaminated tube, truth.The standard in the industry is 95%, below 95% and you need a new filter. I have gone more than 4 years on a filter. Cost to build was 5k. Hood #2, is 8 ft. long is lined with stainless steel inside,explosion proof. fluorescent fixtures, 4, germicidal Lights, two electrical outlets and two people can work in the Hood at the same time, cost 10k to build, moves 350 feet a minute, sits on a 800 dollar custom lab table. Of course I will post the pictures, later. I Own a couple All American Pressure cookers, The big ones. I own an autoclave,very old but, I can sterilize,3 and a half cases of 1 half gal. Mason Jars. In a hour and half. Replacement cost is 50k. I own over 7k Corning 1 inch tubes, the big ones. I have a 20'X40' redwood heart polycarbonate Green house. and the rest of the backyard. I owe nothing on the business. Always paid cash or visa debit for everything. I would like to thank all of you for my business equipment, a tax deduction? Yes! I really have more stuff than time to write it all down. Respectfully, Peace

I believe the Tech came from the stars and I can back the statement up.

A really intelligent, thoughtful post, with just a dash of conspiracy. I don't know whether to applaud or shake my head, so I'll do neither. Unless, of course, you're simply stating the obvious, which is that everyone and everything is made of "star-dust", since any element heavier than Iron was necessarily created by novas / supernovas. :p

All that aside, I'll be glad to see an informative, almost tutorial-like thread on Tissue-culture. Would be nice to see someone familiar with it explain the technique in easy-to-understand language and be there to answer questions, etc.

Had to go to a dinner with Jim Hoffa, but I am back and ready to help with any questions on the thread I posted

I will answer all questions as best as I can. Today I will be in the back yard clearing up Black Berry vines. When it gets dark, I will be in the Thank you section. Members deserve the truth and nothing but the truth. It will be fun and informative. I urge all that read this to become members of Teraforums. As well, if you can Join the ICPS. Membership does have its privileges. If you havn't paid your membership up, You will miss, the Tissue Culture, Question and Answer Party. Peace

Back