What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Beastmaster" villain Rip Torn robs bank

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
snapshot20090505144419.jpg

SALISBURY, Conn. (AP)

— Actor Elmore "Rip" Torn has been charged with breaking into a Connecticut bank and carrying a loaded handgun while intoxicated.

State police say the 78-year-old Salisbury resident was arrested Friday night after police found him inside the Litchfield Bancorp with a loaded revolver.

The "Men in Black" actor (and villain from 80s sword and sorcery epic Beastmaster) has been taken into custody and booked on charges including burglary and possession of firearm without a permit. He is being held on $100,000 bond and is scheduled for a Monday appearance in Bantam Superior Court.

Last year, Torn was given probation in a Connecticut drunken driving case and granted permission to enter an alcohol education program. He also has two previous drunken driving arrests in New York.

A spokesman for Torn did not immediately return phone calls Saturday.

You may now commence the jokes about him being " totally ripped"... :D

Beastmaster is such an under-rated classic! Along with Krull

Beastmaster, Krull, Clash of the Titans, Conan I & II with Ah'nuld... all childhood faves! :D

Anything Harryhausen rules! And I guess Time Bandits falls into the Sword & Sorcery niche too... Labrinth is alotta fun, seen the "Fat guy stuck in the internet" episode where they spoofed it?

LOL! I was debating adding Time Bandits to my list but there's no muscled dudes with long blond hair in that one.... but midgets and an evil wizard or vertically and spiritually challenged persons (in PC) are just as good! :D

Then there was that movie Dragonslayer, I had the big photo book of that movie as a kid.

Speaking of little people, there's always Willow... Time Bandits is way better though!
There is a little person in Hundra which was a fun movie in this genre
"Bow to the Bull"

Dragon Slayer, been so long I gotta Netflix it!

I really liked him in Dodgeball. His character really made that movie shine. Now he's gong to jail. Oh well!

Back