What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Battle of the titans

Battle of the titans - Who will win?

• The VFT will win!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The D.binata "extrema"!

• Both will lose and suffer injuries!

• They'll be just fine, these plants are tough!

• Total voters

Cindy

Staff member
Just for fun...who will emerge unscathed?
laugh.gif

bott1_rs.jpg

bott2_rs.jpg

bott4_rs.jpg

Btw, it wasn't an experiment. The plants were next to each other and the wind blew the D.binata leaf into the VFT pot. It's the third day already...I wanted to repot the D.binata but seems that I'll have to wait till the VFT opens up first...hehehe...

The dogs like to get in little tussles, but my plants generally leave each other alone.

I say the D. binata!   Go, Sticky, Go!   "Chewy" is gonna lose.  
laugh.gif

Cindy I always love your photos.  
smile.gif

I think both plants will be fine. The binata might show a little bruising where it was caught in the VFT. When the VFT decides to release the binata let us know the outcome
smile_m_32.gif

well i think its goes to the one that puts out the digestive juices first dont you think?
smile_n_32.gif

I have no idea! cant wait to see the outcome

Just my guess, but I figure that the VFT will probably win. It's possible that no damage be done to either though, maybe tendil movement on the drosera will convince the VFT that there is in fact something in there? Very fun experiment.
biggrin.gif

Interesting. I was getting ticked off when for a time, my D. capensis leaves kept wrapping around the living vegetation of other plants! It even attacked my vft leaf when it got too close, and I think it started to turn brown. It was really strange, and I forgot to make a new topic about it
smile_h_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I say the D. binata! Go, Sticky, Go!

You just like the D.binata because of the goo.

The VFT may win this battle, but in the long run the D. binata will grow like a bush over the VFT, block out light, and win the war.

D, binata! Their like everywhere and all over the place.

I'd like the binata to wrap itself around the vft. Make things fair.

The D.binata "extrema" will win because the Dionaea will go dormant soon!

smile.gif
It's the sixth day and the VFT's not letting go...normally it will let go if the prey is not so "desired" like a dried insect etc.

JLAP, it's always summer here.
smile_m_32.gif

maybe the drosera's attached itself to the inside of the VFT. It good be "glued shut"

Zac

Regardless of who wins here, maybe the binata will set seed and rain death from above!!!

-D. Lybrand

It's the 9th day and the VFT is just beginning to open!

Let's take a look!
smile.gif

bott0310052.jpg

bott031005.jpg

So far, the binata looks fine except for the loss of dew. I'll wait till the VFT opens completely. But from the look of it, both ain't losers!

And now it's time for the binata to move in for the kill, wrapping its various and sundry dew-laden leaves all over the unsuspecting and over-confident VFT. It'll be like a Hitchcock movie, like, "The birds". The binata will gradually and subtley move its leaves toward the VFT.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

No harm will come to either plant. They are both tough, and anyone who doesn't know that, needs more experience. JimScott! WRONG, son, just plain wrong. Binata will do no more than it already has, nor will the VFT. Neener, neener, neener for all the wrong guesses. Cindy, do we win prizes for the right answer??????
I'll settle for silver and gold.

Oh I know that. I just wanted to paint a mental picture!
biggrin.gif

Back