What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bat Houses?

Do any of you guys have Bat houses? How are your experiences with them? Do you enjoy having the Bat's around?

We had them but got no bats. I dunno if they are still out there.

We have bats but they don't live in the houses. I guess they live in the trees.

My architecture studio freshman year of college was one big bat house! They were everywhere.

xvart.

I love bats and I plan to one day setup a lot of bat houses around my house.

I read a website some time ago that said the bat houses you buy in the stores, don't really attract bats. I can't remember all the details, but there was a long list of requirements that have to be met to attract bats. It also had plans for bat houses that worked.

When I was younger I would throw things in the air at the bats and they would chase it all the way to the ground then at the second they would fly back up.

We have bats around here with or without bat houses. Unless you count my house, since a couple have made their way in here over the years. I think the bat house's location matters more than the design of the bat house. Go online and look for some bat websites to see what location you need. It's probably best to go online via a modem on a bat phone. Unless the commissioner is trying to call while you're online.

I don't think bats come around where I live. That would be very cool if they did though.

There must be bats in Lubbock. Which of the big universities is there. Texas Tech? See if they have a wildlife program or biology or zoology or some such thing and get in touch with them to see if someone can tell you where to see bats.

Retail bat houses are probably like those cutesy butterfly houses...they don't attract anything but money to the retailers pushing that myth.

Back