What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Banned, Banned......

• Thread starter thbjr
  • Start date

thbjr

Don't eat me,... Mr. Flytrap
I've noticed at least 2 bannings tonight. Weiwei and another. Is there some kind of funny business going on? Is the same IP trying over and over to be a naughty?
Just curious ???

Well, I've had a long couple weeks at work and was just in the mood to take it out on some innocent members... Just kidding. weiwei was one of those spambots that got banned back on 6/8/08, shortly after posting some junk about iPods, PS3, and cellphones (or whatever it was). I'm assuming you saw his/her/its yellow name at the bottom in the list? Sometimes they come back on and try and post more spam (unsuccessfully of course).

xvart.

Yep, that's where I saw them ... in the list of who's online.
Shame on those spammers.

If you really want to feel sick or get pissed off google some of the banned names + "vbulletin" - so google "weiwei vbulletin" and see how many boards that name has been banned on.

haha NAN that's scary!

Geez, there's more than 2 pages on Google mentioning him, so I didn't bother looking further in.

Once the account is set up... A program is used to have those "users" log back in and attempt to add more spam. Obviously they cannot... I'll have to look into a way for completely keeping them off... I've never done that before though for the few cases where we've banned users and they needed to talk to me or another mod... So I'll look into some happy medium.
Andrew

lol i did that on my username and there was less then 10 links lol

Back