What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Back to original version

• Thread starter adnedarn
  • Start date

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Hey everyone the new version just wouldn't settle in correctly. So we are back to the version we had. Make sure you hold CTRL and press R to load back the new (old) graphics and settings. Sorry for the hastle this has been (for you and me)...
Andrew

Viva Revolucion! o/

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Jan. 02 2007,11:07)]Hey everyone the new version just wouldn't settle in correctly. So we are back to the version we had. Make sure you hold CTRL and press R to load back the new (old) graphics and settings. Sorry for the hastle this has been (for you and me)...
Andrew
It's not back
rock.gif

No, sorry if I wasn't clear. The colors and such still are not back :-(

But the old VERSION of the forums is back. I'm looking at other options. Like converting over to vBulletin style board.

Bear with me :)
Andrew

Edit: oooh ok.

Yeah still looks like the new stuff to me too. Maybe all the settings are the old ones, but the color is still blue and looks like a newer version to me.  I have been wrong many times before though.

Just FYI  I did do control R.

And Andrew.  I hope ya know I was just raggin ya.
laugh.gif
 Everything was fine by me except the centered text.  Now that that is gone I am a happy camper.
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Jan. 02 2007,12:03)]No, sorry if I wasn't clear. The colors and such still are not back :-(

But the old VERSION of the forums is back. I'm looking at other options. Like converting over to vBulletin style board.

Bear with me :)
Andrew
I hope you might consider phpBB. IMO it's the best for message boards and it's free.

Also there's an Ikonboard to phpBB converter:

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB....start=0

Yes i see the old buttons. I wonder what you mean by 'settle in'? We would have adapted eventually

I'm thinking vBulletin actually... It also comes with a converter....

Finch, not you guys... 'things' we had some pretty major problems. With the running of the board... not the stuff you guys see or do.

Ah but if we cant see it, it isnt real! Everyone knows that
tounge.gif

Just like the "old" version (that we are back to now) works "perfectly" huh? haha

See andrew knows what im talking about. Exactly! Because you caught the last sarcasm, i assume you will catch this too.

oh.gif
perfectly....
rock.gif
this one? LOL

I've got smilies back. Not saying they are exactly like they were or anything.. but hey, they're here...

Wow
cry.gif
*sniff. Andrewwwww oh my
lovethread.jpg

Thank you whaaaa

Well something's not quite back to the way it was. On the section indexes the "sticky" messages had a different background (darker?) than the non-sticky messages. Not a biggy but it made it easier to track the more active topics.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Not a Number @ Jan. 02 2007,13:10)]Well something's not quite back to the way it was. On the section indexes the "sticky" messages had a different background (darker?) than the non-sticky messages. Not a biggy but it made it easier to track the more active topics.
Well, hopefully that is a little easier :-\

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Jan. 02 2007,13:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Not a Number @ Jan. 02 2007,13:10)]Well something's not quite back to the way it was. On the section indexes the "sticky" messages had a different background (darker?) than the non-sticky messages. Not a biggy but it made it easier to track the more active topics.
Well, hopefully that is a little easier :-\
hail.gif
That dood it!

That was a feature I really liked about the new version i had installed.. it separated the stickies from the non- allwell. lol

Experimenting with new color schemes, eh? Try not to burn people's eyes out  
bigsmile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adnedarn @ Jan. 02 2007,16:21)]That was a feature I really liked about the new version i had installed.. it separated the stickies from the non- allwell. lol
I liked that too.

I just noticed that the reply screen is different, too! It is light green now! Not that I care at all, it's kind of pretty.

Andrew, did you bet on investing this much time when you bought the board? lol. Keep up the good work for us high maintenance users... lol.

xvart.

Back