What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baby D. regia 'Big Easy'

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
I can't get it to do anything and it's failing on me. If you think you can get it to grow let me know.

Have you recently acquired this plant?
Mine lasted about 2 months. It made shorter and shorter leaves and the tips would blacken right away, and appeared to die completely. I left the pot hang around because they have thick roots and was hoping it would return from them. After around 2 months or so, It resurfaced from the roots. Now I have 2 growth points growing and doing well.

A couple of weeks ago lol.

It has no roots, just the original root it grew from and the leaves are getting shorter and turning black.

You can have it if you want to pay for shipping.

My D. regia 'Big Easy' only had 1 root as well. If it is a nice big root just let it take it's course and die down. After a while it should come back from the roots.

Here's a picture of the before and after.
Top picture is when I first got it. It had leaves around 3" long.
The bottom picture shows the 2 plants that came up from the roots after dying down for a few months. The leaves are about 1" long now.

bigeasy.jpg

Hey Jlap,

Mine croaked over the summer (still don't really know why), and I even yanked the silly thing out of the pot because there was other stuff in there.

Low and behold, a few months later, resprouted from roots I must have missed. Now I have two!

Just put it in the back of the grow chamber and forget about it until April at the earliest.

I've been growing mine fer awhile, and took numerous root cuttings from it. Possible problems are if it's too hot, like constantly over 90F they don't like that at all or if they're too cold under 50F constantly they may rest which is good for a grown plant.
If they're too wet or the mix too dense, I use alotta perlite in my mix and I don't always have the water to the top of the dish.
Is it a recent root cutting with a sprout?

Yes it's very new.

Lol, if elgecko doesn't want it (Figured i'd give him first refusal since he posted first), the person who pm'd me first can have it.

Since I have some, let someone else give it a try.

It's taken, guys. Thanks for your inquiries :)

I'll pm the person who pm'd me first later.

Back