What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Babies Toes... (Fenestraria rhopalophylla)

• Thread starter rco911
  • Start date
Fenestraria rhopalophylla in bloom!

2734914006_0120ec9017.jpg

(Barracuda, sorry, this is the only one i have for now, I'll try to take photos of the split rocks when I have a chance this week)

Those are some of the cutest things I have ever seen!! I love toes! :-D

LOL, whenever my wife sees them, she wants to pop them. That's completely understandable though... reminds me of bubble wrap!! HAH!:-))

:0o: :0o: WOW!!! They are just STUNNING!!! Way to cute and looky the beautiful flower they put out.. Just adorable rco911, tell your wifey CUDA says nooooo stepping on the baby toes :nono: there to cute and helpless.. LOL!! :-D Thanks tons for sharring rco911, there LOVELY... Cant wait to see your split rocks..

Wow! Those look truly alien.

How big (tall) do they get?

Wow, those are really cute :3. They look like coral... :p

Hi Fryster! They don't get very tall these guys are at about 2 inches or less -- cute lil' things! LOL!

Barracuda - sorry, didn't have time to take photos today but I WILL get around to it for you and post it here!

Hi Fryster! They don't get very tall these guys are at about 2 inches or less -- cute lil' things! LOL!

Barracuda - sorry, didn't have time to take photos today but I WILL get around to it for you and post it here!

No prob rco, anytime when ya do have a chance is fine no big hurry. ;) 2 inches or less:0o: wow those are tiny little babies.. Have you been able to count how many extactly there are out there?? I know your prob thinkin, is she flippin nuts..:crazy: :jester: LOL!!!

LOL Tracey! -- thats only HALF the pot! I have more on the other end of the container!

I just bought some of these :D

I really don't know much about their care but i'm assuming that I should water once every 3 weeks over the winter. And leave them at my windowsill next to my capensis and ping? :/

PS. Lovely set up. :D

Hey there Chaddy! Thanks for the comment! I don't water these guys too often. I have them growing in a concrete planter that I made so its pretty porous and when I water, I just drench it and allow it to dry out. During winter, once every three weeks sounds fine, I *think* that is right about what I do. I keep them in the greenhouse, and it is still pretty warm. How much light do you get at the windowsill? I have mine in the greenhouse and they get sun pretty much all day.

My toes get about 4 hrs of light each day, it's actually flowering at this moment. The Home Depot where I purchased it from basically drenched it for me so i'm just going to let the soil dry out. I'm assuming that since these are succulents they are more adapted to thrive through drought. So I think 3 weeks sounds good. ^_^

Back