What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Awesome Rocket

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I took some pieces I had laying around and I made an awesome looking rocket.

l_8c898d96b3fdbf2e5ea5fbd05b82cce8.jpg

l_e3c187209f103a41e3f41b8744543dff.jpg

l_ce7d37f9b3039e9279b6fa0552042fd1.jpg

I put in an Estes C6-3 rocket engine. It didn't fit but I made it fit. I knew this was going to be good for some laughs.

I've built rockets in the past, but I always go for performance instead of making it look good. This time I knew that the extra weight of all the fins would cut the performance. I thought the fins would help keep the rocket stable. Here's what happened.

Rocket Failure
<object height="360" width="425">

<embed src="http://mediaservices.myspace.com/services/media/embed.aspx/m=37150042,t=1,mt=video" allowfullscreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="360" width="425"></object>

I stopped filming before the ejection charge ignited, but when it did, it blew off the nose cone and shot it into the ground. It was completely underground. I had to did it up. LOL

I guess I should stick to building them for performance only.

Impressive, I like the aerodynamic tape.

Lol it spins around all over the place. Awesome looking rocket though. I should have done something like that, I had some extra rocket engine things lying around. The first one I made shot up so high it went through some low clouds or something, but then it came diving down and attacked everyone.

I'm sorry, but you're mistaken. That's scotch tape.

Awesome! I want to go buy a model rocket to build now! Reminds me of my boy scout days. You should put two more lower fins on it in a square

It was completely underground.

I suppose that's only slightly better than completely in your forehead.

I guess I should stick to building them for performance only.

NOOOOOO! How about performance and style! lol.

xvart.

Ah, the joys of rocket science.

The only performance tweaks I used to do was to epoxy a cherry bomb with the fuse cut down to about one seconds worth on the top of a first stage engine (fuse to engine). Just before Brennschluss the second stage ignitor would light the fuse with predictable results.

OK I built another rocket.

This time I stuck to what I know. Ugly and simple.Although I did decide to add a little extra to it.

I taped a bunch of jumping jacks to it to give it a little color.

l_27640057707752afc226973b5c39f5b4.jpg

l_b62cb652023f5c44fc9b61e8a40dc687.jpg

Unfortunately, this time there was a failure with the camera and it did not record for some reason. So I have no video of this rocket.

I lit it, some of the jumping jacks went off before the rocket. Then the rocket ignited and it went so high I lost site of it. I guess that would make it a success. I have one more rocket motor. I'm gonna build one more like the last one. I'm going to set it off tonight. So look for the video later tonight or the next couple of days after I get out of the hospital.

You got the right idea, but use a booster / 1st stage engine so the 2nd stage ignitor will light the payload fuse ;)

Back