What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AWESOME NECPS SHOW!!!!!

Those sundew drops are sick! I cannot believe how big they are. Is that the big easy or is the forked one the big easy?

xvart.

I think D. regiea is the one with the cultivator Big and Esy.. (spellings probbably off). But I could be wrong... I beleive the one that has the "big dew drops" is the D. regiea (spelling?)

big drops of dew is regia(if they say its the cultivar "Big Easy" it must be, i dont know how to tell it apart from regular regia, all i know is i cant grow Big Easy, havent gotten ahold of one of the regular regia to try)...........the forked one is some form of binata

HOOah! Somebody sure knows how to handle a camera here! Great eye, great shots!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Oct. 17 2006,5:50)]big drops of dew is regia(if they say its the cultivar "Big Easy" it must be, i dont know how to tell it apart from regular regia, all i know is i cant grow Big Easy, havent gotten ahold of one of the regular regia to try)...........the forked one is some form of binata
Yep, the dewy one is my 'Big Easy' which is a cultivar of the D. Regia. The Easy is a lot more vigorous and more tolerant of warm temps than the Regia, making it easier to grow. Doesn't get as large though..
I have both and there are no visible differences.
Also one of the characteristics of Regia's is the large dew drops.

So Matt,

Where are YOUR pics?

JLAP? You don't need to give any limbs.....I traded away two of the pups of that campanulata for a new male camp....so now I am hoping to get some pure camp seeds.

Which will naturally get distributed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (quogue @ Oct. 18 2006,9:26)]Yep, the dewy one is my 'Big Easy' which is a cultivar of the D. Regia. The Easy is a lot more vigorous and more tolerant of warm temps than the Regia, making it easier to grow. Doesn't get as large though..
I have both and there are no visible differences.
Also one of the characteristics of Regia's is the large dew drops.
I see. It looks like it would make quite a mess if for some tragic reason it got knocked over and the dew got everywhere! Anyways, beautiful plant Quoque. I would love to get my hands on a cultivar like that someday.

xvart.

Ima crappy photographer Dave, but I did get acouple good ones ya know... I'll be photobucketing them soon..

Hello, what's the plant with the handsome peristome beneath the equally handsome photo of Charlie McDonald? Is it a veitchii x lowii?

Schloaty you definately have to put me down for some of the campanulata right behind JLAP. After seeing the one pictured in this thread I fell in love too! Wild bill those pictures were great!

Xvart that picture does not lie about big easy! It does get large dew drops on it. Mine is starting to look good. I just got one a few months ago from BobZ. It seems like it has settled in nicely.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Borneo @ Oct. 19 2006,1:24)]Hello, what's the plant with the handsome peristome beneath the equally handsome photo of Charlie McDonald? Is it a veitchii x lowii?
Yes, the nep is a veitchii x lowii. I voted it for it as the Best Show plant. It belongs to the president of the NECPS, John Phillip.

<a href="http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f155/quogue/IMG_0905.jpg" target="_blank">
th_IMG_0905.jpg
</a>

Schloaty about to be consumed by a giant Regia... ohh nooooo

<a href="http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f155/quogue/IMG_0903.jpg" target="_blank">
th_IMG_0903.jpg

Another pic of my 'Big Easy' at the show

As always...its great to see pics from club meetings since we all can't go.

NICE photos, stunning plants! Gee Schloaty...I didn't know you could grow plants like that.
smile_n_32.gif
And HOW could you FORGET your CAMERA!?! Your camera should be an appendage more important than your...uh...arm.
smile_l_32.gif

I wish I had been there. It sounds like so much fun!

Post more pics!

Oh and welcome to the forums Quogue!!
biggrin.gif

Actually, that there is my monster Regia(Big Easy), muahahaha.....
And thanks for the welcome PAK
smile.gif

Thanks Bill! Frank was all about that Papaya tree!!
Good times, lookin forward to next year, I have other great plants to show as well...

Just in case your high from the show was wearing off...

First the Neps...

CopyofIMG_0386.jpg

CopyofIMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

Schloaty's campanulata, do my pictures possibly get me on your list for seeds?
IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0271.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

This is Dave's hamata, very nice
IMG_0226.jpg

Schloaty's bical, I am proud of this shot
smile.gif

How about some Sarrs?

CopyofIMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

CopyofIMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

This is my purp, it grew really great this year, though the pot is gettin' kinda small
IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

Pretty cool shot I think, see the fly? It did not get caught though.

Some sundews and other sticky traps:

CopyofIMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

Matt's Roridula plants are always a crowd pleaser
IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

Nathan's scorpiodes looking nice