What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aussie red Aldrovanda

After several failed attempts to get and grow different forms of red Aldrovanda, I found someone in the states who was selling these plants, from Kimberly originally if I remember correctly. I do have a few others that are on life support to doing ok-ish, but these so far are doing the best. Recently moved a couple to a brighter area, and they are beginning to color up. At first last year they turned green and stayed that way. It is a bit hard to get a pic in the water, so I put them in a white yogurt container. Pics not so good, but you get the idea.

Notice the flowers/seedpods as well.

Beautiful! It would be really cool to see flowers.

Nice man, I've always loved aldrovanda.

Nice! I have a friend that has been very generous to me and this is a plant on his want/wish list. If you could pm me where you got it I would be most thankful!
Andrew

I got ahold of some of that last year and unfortunately being unexperienced with aquatic plants I killed it. Now that I have a U. gibba flowering maybe I'll try again...

Back