What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

assorted pics from this weekend

down on the beach, had the lake been full there would have been atleast 30 feet of water ABOVE my head
89772729.jpg

e0c4630a.jpg

flowers
f5c975c5.jpg

9c786b78.jpg

speed goats, believe it or not the critters in the two photos were only about 100 ft apart
IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

assorted macro shots of creepy crawlies, i found a hell of of a macro setting that i didnt know i had
c98fbefb.jpg

86190b08.jpg

963d3504.jpg

Nice pics rattler! Uhh, where'd you say these pics were taken at, again?

The Pines, its on the northside of Fort Peck Resevoir. my father in law has a cabin there and its our hunting base camp. its about a 2 hour drive from my front door. theres a summer youth camp and such. i should have turned arround and snapped a pic of the cabin, when the lake is full Skip ties his boat up to his steps. where i was standing and took the pics was about 1/4-1/3 of a mile from the cabin and i was on dry ground

Wow.. a termite out during the day?
confused.gif
thats new to me. They mainly forage at night!

Do you have any more shots of that flower with the ant on it?

the termite was under a board, i collected several hundred of the lil buggers to feed to my frogs, no more shots of the flower i dont think. i got that shot first try and was quite happy with it so i stopped

They arent going to last to long befor you get dried termite suprise...

Nice pics. That green flower is an eye-popper.

termites need about 100% RH, good thing they dont need much ventilation..................bet they will be around awhile, yah just have to understand them

Pff I understand them! I want to get a Male and female Alate and get a good sized terrium and put them in it! half filled with soil, half of it with

Wont happen n e time soon unfortunetaly!

FREAKIN social insects rock! (They just need high humidty not 100% not that they wouldnt mind that)

Cheers

ive been told by those that have kept them for long periods of time that its best to get as close to 100% as possible. that in the bestway to start a colony is to get as many workers as you can find, the fewer yah have the harder it is to get it started.

Back