What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you color blind? Get tested and find out!

joossa

Aklys
I went through several years of my life not knowing that I had red-green colorblindness.:blush: I found out when I was about 15 and it was a huge relief when I finally knew (I found out through a “color dot test” in my Biology book in high school). After I discovered that I had a condition, it made sense why I would make so many mistakes in identifying the correct colors of certain things in my everyday life- certain clothes seemed purple when they were really blue, leaves on a tree would look brown when they were really green, etc. etc.

Color Vision Testing
Take this test to find out if you have a colorblind condition. There are several other sites online, but this one has more explanation on the topic than others. It explains that it is more common in males, shows side by side comparisons of a normal’s person’s view and a colorblind person’s view, and so on…

One little side note that I find of funny: I passed Art in both high school and college with an A. :-O

I well I'm not color blind, but while taking the test, i kept on looking for the stars.
I thought that I was then however.

I'm sorry for you, does it effect you much anymore?

My father-in-law is color blind, but I have now idea when he was diagnosed. I suspect he was younger, because he has a severe form of it. When he goes shopping for clothes, he wears either the pants or shirt he wants something to match and has someone select a color that goes with it. And he has some kind of organization system to match what goes with what. He's too obsessed with how colors go together, for someone who's color blind.

Years ago I was in a park somewhere and someone who worked there said a color blind person had been there the day before and had seen snakes everywhere. People with normal vision get fooled by the snakes' coloring/camouflage and don't see them as easily.

wow! I never thought of that!!!!
Wow!!!! I wish that I was color blind only for that reason.
At my house during the spring/summer I'm always looking for snakes but almost never find them.

One little side note that I find of funny: I passed Art in both high school and college with an A.

ROFL! Awesome!

Wow!!!! I wish that I was color blind only for that reason.

Am I the only one who doesn't think that'd be a worthwhile tradeoff? Thanks, but the snakes can stay camoflaged from me. heh

I'm sorry for you, does it effect you much anymore?
Don't be sorry, it's not like it's cancer...:-)) Over the years I have adjusted and have learned to use logic when trying to determine "my difficult colors." For example, if I see a man wearing a shirt that I belive is blue or purple, then I choose blue... It is not likely he is wearing purple. This method is not always be right though....

Then how do you know what blue and green really look like?

My friend is color blind, although it's not natural. His best friend hit him in the head with a metal baseball bat on accident. o.o;

For him.. black=purple. I think he also sees pink as a different color too but I don't know what he sees it as.

BTW, his best friend then is still his best friend now. :p

wow! I guess that that's what the good side of what would have happened if the baseball bat that my brother threw at me had connected

You know i've heard of color blind people who were once not color blind seeing colors that don't auctually exist. And they can't explain it to people who can't see them because it would be like trying to explain blue or red to a person who can't see anything.

The human brain is a miraculous thing indeed. If we could only see UV the whole WORLD would look different :)

I wish that I could see colors that didn't exist. :(

In addition to all the normal ones.

You know i've heard of color blind people who were once not color blind seeing colors that don't auctually exist. And they can't explain it to people who can't see them because it would be like trying to explain blue or red to a person who can't see anything.

The human brain is a miraculous thing indeed. If we could only see UV the whole WORLD would look different :)
Yes it is truly difficult to explain. I have always thought that I see what anyone else sees, but my brain’s interpretations of the colors are not the same, but I cannot prove that. So… I guess this leaves the door open to what Clint mentioned… and I may see colors that no one does see or that “my colors” are switched around. :0o:

Years ago I was in a park somewhere and someone who worked there said a color blind person had been there the day before and had seen snakes everywhere. People with normal vision get fooled by the snakes' coloring/camouflage and don't see them as easily.

Oh my! That is NOT good to know... :eek:

I can tell you that I am with out taking a test... I'm trichromatic. I can only see the three primary colors: red, green, and blue. In my 23 years I've learned how to guess correctly what "color" normal people would call things about 90% of the time, but it's still interesting.

When I bought my blue-green car four years ago, it was really overcast and grey, so the car kinda reflected that, so I thought it was Ford's color Dark Shadow Grey. About three weeks later, the sun came out and I saw that it was Pacific Green. :-))

This is true. I can see hues of red, green, and blue in places where there is no color, especially medium grey, it IS green to me, which should make some sense because green is at the center of the visible spectrum. I really and truely have a very hard time seeing colorless things.

Oh how I wish I could see the screwed up world you guys live in!

One of my worst fashion disasters was when I put on black cargo pants and a green t shirt.

Turns out they were dark green pants and I thought they were black :(

I'll assume that was intentional irony.

I'm color blind, but fairly mildly. The main colors I have trouble with is blue, purple, and dark blue vs. black.

I'm black-white colorblind. Black looks white and white looks black and I've had a lot of trouble in my life. But I finally found the job of my dreams working for the Bush administration and they say I'll go far with them.

Back