What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are these Utric flowers!?

Ok, so I've been seeing these around lately, first at my school. When I saw them (sort of far away) I was like "Huh, those remind me of Utrics." Today, I went walking with my mom and look what I found. If these are Utrics, I only took three flower stalks (there were a bunch of them). The flower stalks came in a big bunch too and when I got the stalks, it seemed like there were roots, but none came out. But how I found them doesn't make sense, though! The soil didn't seem CP friendly, it seemed like any kind of dirt and it wasn't really wet (or damp at that matter). This is what I found

These are all of the flowers (plus buds).
SN850606.jpg

This is a up close view of the biggest flower.
SN850617.jpg

These are the stalks from afar. They had little narrow leaves.
SN850620.jpg

Now, the base of the stalks. They seemed hard a little dry but somewhat made a circular shape.
SN850629.jpg

So, are these Utrics?

I think it might be a Utric, the flowers have already wilted! Also, is polled from utric supposed to be behind the balloon thingy?

Nope. Those are weeds.

Hey at least you tried and were looking for cp's

Guess it depends on who you talk to :p

could have fooled me... i was here contemplating on what utric these looked like. then i saw the stalks and i said. no. no utric. pretty though!

Alex

I thought they were ultircs also when i first saw the flower... but than after seeing the stalk like you i realised they werent.

Back