What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AP Tests

• Thread starter Est
  • Start date
  • Tags
    luck

Est

War. War never changes.
Staff member
Good luck to all of the folks who took an AP test today, and for all of those who will be taking them over the course of this week and the next.

And for curiosity's sake: What test(s) are people taking?

I've got Calc AB (tomorrow morning,) then US gov/politics and macroeconomics both next week (booooooo!)

Good luck, good skill!

Well good luck to all who are deep into the testing mode. I'm glad I'm not there any more. lol

Crack the books!
biggrin.gif

I'm glad I was never there.  AP tests will be banned when I become dictator of the world. Furthermore, the people of the College Board will be among the first led in front of the firing squad.  Ooops...I can't do that...I'm anti-capital punishment.  Kinda kills the rush of becoming dictator of the world.

Engllish Tomorrow and Euro the next day. Since I was accepted to a college a while ago, my only incentive to do well is getting credit towards college which requires a 4 or 5 (the highest scores) on the APs. Since I don't really have the will power to study anymore, taking these tests isn't too stressful for me... but good luck to everybody anyway!

~ Brett

I wish I would have taken the AP environmental studies test, I could have aced that thing backwards even without having taken the class. Everything I've heard leads me to believe that it's AP minus. So between what I learned in AP bio, marine bio, and what I already know, I probably could have done it fairly easily.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm glad I was never there. AP tests will be banned when I become dictator of the world.

I hate the AP system. It leads to a lot of things that aren't the intended points. It'd dictated by a FOR PROFIT company, so when they aren't busy charging your pants off of you, they're making classes study material which is in many cases USELESS. The things we need to learn for Econ are covered within about the first week of any college level econ class. I'm not saying that they should be harder, but something's not right there, they're having us learn a lot of "memorize this" information, it would seem.

--Deletes all the other nasty things that were put here... sigh.--

In any case, I see what you're saying about the College Board (that's right, the same people who do the AP tests do the SATs- these people are good at manipulation!) and I agree. However, I do enjoy the rigour of some of the AP classes, so I take them anyway. If my school didn't -idiotically- force students to take the AP test if they're in an AP class, there would be times when I wouldn't have.

In ANY case: Calculus is out of the way. T'was an ugly test.

i m not in AP im in honors(one below) so im happy!
alex

Actually, the teachers in my school recently took a vote and were in favor of getting rid of A.P.s altogether which will prove highly controversial given the perceptions parents around here have regarding their son's/daughter's chance of getting into Ivy League schools without A.P.s.
smile_l_32.gif
. To be honest, the AP classes I was in this year (finished today
biggrin.gif
) weren't that bad but I dunno about the tests I'm about to take... In fact, I should be studying right now, not posting...

~ Brett

I took 3 APs when I was in high school...US History, Calc, and Spanish...and they actually helped me. not in the sense of getting into a "good" college, but in that they gave me 19 credits total for them...which is a whole semester's worth of classes. Plus I got to start taking spanish and math courses at the 200 level, rather than be bored at the 100 level.

good luck to folks who are taking them!

I second Presto's experience; I took 10 APs in HS, and the resultant glut of credits allowed me to effectively skip the entire first year of my first undergrad degree and take a lighter courseload in the remaining years, which translated as more free time and more time for the classes I did take, resulting in higher grades.

Mokele

My oldest brother got to shave off quite a bit of time, too. It'll matter less for me money-wise, but he was going to Cal Poly, so it made a significant difference.

Back