What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone use Photo Umbrellas or Softboxes?

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
I've ordered a pair of continuous lighting photo umbrellas so that I can properly light my artwork to photograph it. I bought the diffuse white umbrellas because they supposedly can eliminate shadows on the subject when placed correctly whereas the softboxes are said to simulate directional light as coming from a window or side light source. Basically, that's what I have already and I'm trying to get rid of.

I was curious if anyone is using these kinds of lighting tools in their photography. I'd be interested to hear some experienced input on using them! :)

Last edited:
I have limited experience with photo umbrellas but yes they work great & use at least 2-3 around the subject. My father was a photographer & I still have all of his old equipment in a closet but haven't used any of it in years.

Back