What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone know?

glider14

Always a newbie
IMG_0235.jpg

that came up in the same container as D. burmannii, D. capensis, D. scorpioides, D. pulchella, and D. aliciae. it grows very slow so i really dont think it could be any of those. it looks ALOT like peltata. its about as wide as the thickness of a ballpoint pen. does anyone have ideas of what it could be?
Alex

<span style='color:red'>[Edit: Your post has been edited to improve its value as an archive and to help others understand more precisely which plants you are writing about. You can read more about the details of writing plant names at Plant Names Thread.]</span>

It could be Drosera peltata, Drosera auriculata, or many other possibilities. We will just have to wait until it grows up some more.

alright. thanks. its in my cooler terrarium now just in case it was one of those. it sprouted near the D. capensis but i still think it isnt one. i got the D. capensis from 'Crisytal' so she would know what it could be.
Alex

Looks like a tuberous dew to me.

-Ben

That's what baby tuberous dews look like?

Wow then I have tons of them!

are they in the same pot as the D. peltata seeds that i sent you Dave? im gonna see what it does for the rest of the winter. thanks for the help guys!!
Alex

does that look like it will produce a tuber in the summer? It still looks really small. How big is it? I ask because I have a bunch of small plantlets like that in my D. macrantha pot and I was wondering if they might produce tubers

they will... just small ones i suppose. if they are sundews they are gonna be those tuberous dews. congrats dude
smile.gif

Alex

IMG_0433.jpg

it has 2 new leaves.... everone still think its a tuberous dew?
Alex

yeah, still looks tuberous to me

Appears most likely to be a seedling of Drosera peltata or Drosera auriculata.

Back