What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone know anything about filing bankruptcy?

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date
G

Just curious if anyone knew any good internet resources on filing for bankruptcy. Or if you have personal experience and advice that would be great to. Thanks
smile.gif

You could say that.. I won't get into details because I know this is a CP forum and no one wants to hear it. Basicaly from the past year I have so many medical bills and bills related to medical bills that I'll never in a lifetime be able to pay them off. So it's been reccomended (repeatedly) that I file for bankruptcy....
It scares the heck out of me to be looking at that at 22, but I really don't have any other choice right now.

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that....well I'm only 14 so I don't know anything about it. Sorry I couldn't help.

Go to the library and see what bankruptcy guides they have.  But bankruptcy laws are complex and have all kinds of exemptions and other quirks.  To do it right, with the least risk in the future, seriously consider talking to a lawyer or seeing what public or nonprofit legal assistance is available.  Hospital bills are supposedly negotiable when the patient can't afford to pay.  But I have no experience in any of this and can only say Good luck.

There maybe a way to just file bankruptcy on the medical bills and not affect your other finances. I have a friend who is looking into it for their high 6 figure medical bills.

wow you sound like youv dug yourself a hole. Thats too bad, i hope you will be able to get out of it

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Oct. 13 2004,8:56)]wow you sound like youv dug yourself a hole. Thats too bad, i hope you will be able to get out of it
Um.. it's not like I did it on purpose
smile_n_32.gif

Thaks for the tips guys, I was afraid I'd have to go to a lawyer to do it right.

Back