What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone know anything about computers? I need help

LOL, I bought a camera the other day, and I knew more about them than the person selling it. I got a point and shoot with macro capacity. I had researched it beforehand, and when I got to the store there were 2 others for the same price that had higher megapixels. So I was interested in them and wanted to know if they could take macro shots as well. I ended up having to get online on my phone in the store to research the other 2 cameras myself because the store couldn't tell me anything. I got the one I wanted in the first place even though it had lower megapixels because the others couldn't take good up close photos. The people selling this stuff don't know what they are selling.

SWORDS, if you have that ebay seller saved or can remember his name, let me know. I'd like to check that out. Sounds like a good deal.

I know you probably already took it back but the first thing I thought of when you mentioned that you put AVG on there was that a second program like norton or mcafee was factory installed and likely was creating problems. I am yet to see a retail computer that doesnt come with one of these two and they do not like other anti-virus/firewall (av/fw) programs. Two av/fw programs will cause all sorts of problems in a machine. If you get a new computer make sure you remove what ever else in on there before you put AVG on.

you are right ktulu, norton was on there initially but I did remove it before doing AVG.

I got my new computer. It has 6 gb with a 1tb harddrive. It's working great, I'm going to be happy with this one.

swords, thanks for the link you sent me in PM. I am going to hang onto that and use it in the future. I had to go get a retail one for now because I couldn't wait for something to arrive in the mail. I had to have one now!

Cool, I wasn't sure if you got it or not, the PM manager told me you've gotta clean out your mailbox before you can get more messages... Shouldn't it tell you? LOL

Back