What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Tricks On Trippin?

:-(
Hiya All-

Well, I finally got my Solexx greenhouse up and running and so far I have two electrical heaters going and a fan, and after a day and a half, it finally tripped the circuit box. My wife was cool about it, but I mentioned that if it happens again, we may need an electrician to do some electrical wiring for the greenhouse and her eyes rolled to the back of her head :rolleyes: .

She knows how much $$$ I have already put into the greenhouse and just the thought of spending a couple of hundered dollars more on it . . . well ya know.

So, if they are inexpensive tricks on how to not to trip the fuse box, please let me know :help: . I'm pretty sure others would benefit from it.

I wish I had made friends with an electrician somewhere down the line :( .

Good Growing Y'all (I just hope I don't grow my Neps in the dark).

Bo

Hey All-

Since the gh was linked up with electricity, the heaters were tripping the cirucuit breaker at about once a day. My wife finally decided to call in the professionals (an electrician), now everything is running just fine without any worries of trippin the breaker box . . . wooo hoooo :-O

Good Growing Everyone,
Bo :boogie:

so what'd he do? turn one of the heaters and the fan off? :p I run a heater, 1000 PSI fogger, a fan, and a swamp cooler (a fan and a pump) and don't blow the circuit. But that circuit doesn't share with anything in the house either...

I'm the furthest thing from an electrician, but I know for high power consumption devices, it is sometimes best to use an electrical drier outlet as this also manages the power more efficiently and can reduce power loss. I believe it is a 240V vs. 120V or some jumbo-jazz like that. The prongs look markedly different from a standard outlet and are much larger.

so what'd he do? turn one of the heaters and the fan off? :p I run a heater, 1000 PSI fogger, a fan, and a swamp cooler (a fan and a pump) and don't blow the circuit. But that circuit doesn't share with anything in the house either...

Is the circuit 120V or 240V? I just wired a dedicated 120V to my greenhouse. All I have is a heater, but I am going to buy a fan soon to circulate air, then two cooling fans to get air from outside, and am thinking about some sort of humidifier if it comes to that.

It is a dedicated 120v that we hooked up ourselves at the power box. Then a HUGE extension cord out to the g/h. I think it's 10gauge? 8gauge?

Hiya All-

What the electrician did was, like Nepenthes said, he made one heaters draw its power from our washer's electrical outlet, then the other heater drew its power from one of the outdoor electrical outlets.

So now there is no worries about trippin the box.

Good Growing,
Bo

Back