What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Fashionable Lighting?

• Thread starter Vbkid
  • Start date

Vbkid

Getting There...
Title really says it all. I have a grow rack in my closet, it suits my carns pretty well, even if it is a bit full at the moment. However, I live in an apartment in Wisconsin which means both space and lighting are at a minimum. I'd like some lighting, or even a shelf, that I could put in my living room or bedroom that isn't completely unsightly. Wondering if anyone had some suggestions. Ideally I'd just be able to use for for larger house plants and such!

Dimensions of area you're trying to light? Type of lighting needs (high vs low light) etc?

Great question, I'd say a 1.5x3 area floorspace? Enough for a few potted house plants. If it was a rack, maybe two levels would be nice. I think medium light. Something I coudl throw carns on if i rotated them out of my grow rack would be cool.

Approx budget?

I honestly don't even know what the full spectrum of the price range is. Currently just trying to find something that would be presentable!

The main issue I see is that any light bright enough to be useful for growing is going to be bright enough that it'll be unpleasant to look at. The LED arrays I use start to sting my eyes if I look at them. Maybe look into a grow tent. It'll contain the lights and prevent them from blasting the rest of your apartment with light

I have a grow rack in my closet, it suits my carns pretty well, even if it is a bit full at the moment.
Please post a photo so we know what you're working with. With that, better suggestions can be given.
It seems that you may already have lights and know how bright they are.

Ideally I'd just be able to use for for larger house plants and such!
Most houseplants will do fine in medium/lower lights. Please let us know what species of plants you're talking about.

Back