What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any famous CPers?

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
Random I know but was wondering if anyone famous grew CPs.

Got to thinking it cause of my other hobby, snakes. Kerry King of Slayer is a rather prominent figure in carpet python circles. Slash (formerly of Guns 'N Roses) had a huge collection till last year. Chad some one or other was with the New England Patriots but now runs a reptile business in CO.

Maybe someone here is famous and hiding behind a pseudonym...

IIRC Pablo Escobar (or another famous drug cartel guy) is the one who setup Zoological Imports in FL as a front biz for his smuggling. He's dead now but Z.I. is still going strong importing all sorts of exotic and deadly creatures and supplying anti-venom for the US.

I don't know of any famous people into growing CPs.

OFF TOPIC: We (Shan & I) interviewed Slayer/Kerry at the Tattoo the Earth festival years back, they had a 12 year old kid as their road manager, at least he looked 12...
I got a roll of film somewhere around here of that festival. While we were interviewing one of the girls from Nashville Pussycat, the clown nosed guy from Slipnot punched a local sheriff doing security at the festival and they arrested like half the band after a scuffle. I think Sepultura uses palm leaves to roll their smoking material, Cheech and Chong got nuthin' on them! After that all they wanted to talk about was Brazillian ultimate fighting champions which Shan is also crazy about... the most boring interview ever! lol!

Sorry you mentioned Slayer and I had to travel down memory lane dragging you with me... :D

Reports about a kid who shot up a school or something in the Midwest a few years ago said he was into CPs. Unfortunately, I think most people weren't surprised by the connection. His 15 minutes of fame has already run its course.

What many people don't know is that Rattler is actually the pseudonym of Hillary Clinton, which is why you've never seen a photo of them standing together. She practiced her shot 'n a beer, one of the people act by pretending to be a gun-crazed Montanan on internet forums.

What many people don't know is that Rattler is actually the pseudonym of Hillary Clinton, which is why you've never seen a photo of them standing together. She practiced her shot 'n a beer, one of the people act by pretending to be a gun-crazed Montanan on internet forums.

LOL. I always thought there was something fishy about his gun control tirades.

xvart.

Well, one of my gamer friends knew who Capslock was in real life and he's hardly ever heard about CP's.
I suppose that says something? Or maybe my friend is just weird. :suspect:

Reports about a kid who shot up a school or something in the Midwest a few years ago said he was into CPs. Unfortunately, I think most people weren't surprised by the connection. His 15 minutes of fame has already run its course.

I think you're talking about Terry Ratzmann. He posted on the CP listserv a few times. He killed 7 people in a Wisconsin church in 2005. When all that went down, I remember that a few members that lived in the area tried to rescue his collection. I don't know if they ever did.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Ratzman

If you want to know more.

I would reveal my true identity, but this time of the year nobody would believe me anyway. If this thread is still around in May I might tell who I really am.

Back