What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another comic legend lost...

vft guy in SJ

VFT and Drosera lover
Don Knotts, who kept generations of TV audiences laughing as bumbling Deputy Barney Fife on "The Andy Griffith Show" and would-be swinger landlord Ralph Furley on "Three's Company," has died. He was 81.

Knotts died Friday night of pulmonary and respiratory complications at the University of California, Los Angeles Medical Center, said Sherwin Bash, his friend and manager.

Full story can be found here:

Don Knotts dies

Steve

It's sad to hear,he was a funny guy.He will be missed!
smile_h_32.gif

Jerry

Don Knotts will truely be missed in my house. I grew up watching him in The Apple Dumpling Gang. Who can forget him keeping his one bullett in the pocket of his shirt as Dept. Fife.

He was a great comedian and actor. I loved a his movies. The Shakiest Gun in the West, The Ghost and Mr. Chicken, The Reluctant Astronaut...they don't make good family movies like that anymore.

Yes, he was great. NIP IT IN THE BUD!

Thanks Don....

Tom

I heard that. It was very sad news. You get so used to some of these old legends being around FOREVER, that its quite a shock when they pass. But he leaves behind quite a legacy that hopefully people will still be enjoying decades down the road.

RIP Barney.
smile.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
smile_h_32.gif

Back