What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another chernobyl trap?!

DJ.Zany-NL-

Dead to Mosqueeto's ALL OF THEM!
:poke: as you can see another trap deformed
and i'm pretty shure i kicked all aphid but!

also i got a gigantic trap Oo i'll show you when it reopen's (accidently closed it when trying to get a few of my dog's hair out T.T)

PS: here's what became of my previous chernobyl mouth ;)

Last edited:
judging by the complete lack of all redness, i'm going to blame lack of sufficient light.

has been outisde in full sun for a week now and trap's are starting to colour up so i don't think it's that (just took em in becouse storm was predicted)

And what may be the point of this topic?

And what may be the point of this topic?

to show you that my VFT has made another deformed trap and trying to get info on how to solve it :-(

you are going to have deformed traps on healty plants too so just try to provide them the best conditions and don't worry to much. you don't need to do anything ...just keep them outside, water them and let the elements do the rest

My guess is that the longer you leave the plant out in the sun, the healthier it'll look. It'll take more than one week to get completely healthy. And yes, deformed traps do happen on healthy plants sometimes, just have to deal with it.

yeah I had a few that looked like that after my aphid attack. For me it took a few traps after I cleared out all the aphids for them to be completely normal again but just to be safe I'd check again for aphid. Every once in a while I'll see 1 on a new leaf when I thought I had taken care of them :angry:

flytrapdude, aphids can fly, youmight have gotten rid of them but then a new girl came along, I think everyone hates those asexual horrors!

Back