What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazing Story of survival

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
Last Tuesday, I went out of town for 5 days. I checked the 10 day extended forecast and starting last Tuesday the highs were going to be in the 60's and lows in the high 40's for the remainder of the forecast. So I decided to put all my plants outside before I left so they can get some much needed sunshine, rain and fresh air. I got back in town late last night and watched the weather. It said Friday night the low temp was 28 degrees.

Most of the plants I put outside were nepenthes. I also put out my Caribbean loveleaf.
I thought that was the the end almost all of my plants. This morning after I woke up
and went outside to see how bad the damage was. Believe it or not, not one plant showed any sign of any damage.

:banana2:

Yes Way. As a matter of fact, I read your post about the fire. I thought to myself how bad it was that happened and unforunately I wasn't the only one t lose all my plants. If I make cuttings, you'll be the first person they are offered to.

I'm glad your plants survived. That would suck to lose them.

A year and half ago I lost almost evey plant I had when I moved back to NC. All I have left is 4 neps. I bought a vft in the auction last year, so I have 1 vft too.

My mom wanted to suprise me with a VFT, but I have a sad looking S. x hybrid some crazy cultivator thats on top of the fridge dieing! (gift from my mom to get us to kinda have something in common, me and her boyfriend) IM gonna put it out side for what few months it can get of dormancy.

Thanks for the offer, but that is really cool!

Or how about that time you had to go to court :p :p :p :p
Oh, man, that was GREAT.

Go to court?

God I can't remember squat these days.

0zzy grows neps??.... i thought you were a sundew guy. you need to make a growlist! i have lost all of my VFTs and my S. Flava var rugelli already from this winter. all i have left out there are some seeds of darlingtonia(hoping for the best) S. 'Dixie Lace', 'Judith Hindel', Leucophylla red, 'Scarlet Belle' and a Filiformis(showing signs of coming out! woo hoo!)

Alex

No damage.... above ground, that is. Roots sensetive to temp extremes in pots. Any damage there might take time to show

Back