What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice please

• Thread starter J1mb0b
  • Start date
Hi all, I have the following Utrics which are doing ok but I’m not sure I’m treating them correctly.

Could you advise on how much water or flooding they require, they’re currently south facing catching natural light and a bit of additional grow light.

I'm Uk midlands based if that has any baring thanks.

U Biquamata ‘Betty’s Bay’ in original pot looks to be peat

U Sandersonii large form, in original pot again looks to be peat.

U Hermanus as with the other 2 original pot and looks to be peat.

U Longifolia ‘Forgetiana’ in LFS moss

Any help much appreciated

It is hard to do more than say 'this works for me' for utrics, or at least it is for me. I can suggest that U. 'Betty's Bay' grows well in a net pot with the water level about 2/3 to the top. I've been growing U. longifolia for years and while it seems to grow in many conditions I still don't know what it prefers. 'Hope this is useful.

None of these are particularly picky about soil as far as growing in general is concerned. If you want flowers however, you need to trigger seasonal changes (lighting, temperature, flooding, etc.)

It is hard to do more than say 'this works for me' for utrics, or at least it is for me. I can suggest that U. 'Betty's Bay' grows well in a net pot with the water level about 2/3 to the top. I've been growing U. longifolia for years and while it seems to grow in many conditions I still don't know what it prefers. 'Hope this is useful.
Hi thanks for the reply it’s the water levels that’s my main issue how high, for how long, how often sort of thing

None of these are particularly picky about soil as far as growing in general is concerned. If you want flowers however, you need to trigger seasonal changes (lighting, temperature, flooding, etc.)
Hi thanks, I’m happy to leave them where they are in the pots it’s just the watering just want to make sure I’m getting the correct levels and frequency

Back